Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Essence: Gold Digger

Got another Norma polish. hehehe She led me right to the essence Metal Glam display and I love her for it! Metal Glam was released overseas so long ago I knew I wouldn't be able to swap for it, no matter how badly I wanted to. So finding it here in Texas was a real treat. I love chrome polish.



Gold Digger is an antique gold chrome. This is two coats... one may have been enough, but you know I can't trust my room lighting. Gin mentioned these are good for stamping, so of course I had to give that a go. First, though, a shot in the shadow so you can see it without glare.



So smooth... yes, minus the little bit of sheetmark on my middle finger. :p I also had a little bit of trouble stamping, but that wasn't the polish or the plate, it was me. I chose this sort of fingerprint design on Cheeky plate CH2:



...and instead of rolling the stamper clear across my nail, I pulled up early. :( So the left side (as you're looking at it) came out a bit (okay a lot) wonky. I pressed it down as best I could and finished it with topcoat.



And, of course, photographed the right side as much as I could. lol Helpful Hint: roll the stamper all the way across! Don't pull up early like I did. I haven't filed my nails down any since my last full-nail design attempt; so the image was just barely not long enough. Only barely. I'm really impressed with the size of the full-nail designs on these Cheeky plates. I've seen people put together a slew of smaller images to cover the whole nail, but... I seem to have issues with pulling that off.

Tomorrow we all get a sneak peak of Zombie Cows In Love. I see some silver shards that have my interest piqued. Spoiler Alert: I'll be layering it over a variety of Valentine's themed colors. lol Hope everyone is staying safe and warm and having a great week so far! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. Love that color!! I too have issues with stamping multiple smaller images to cover my whole nail :/ I can't wait to see what Zombie Cows in Love looks like, what a fun name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm glad it's not just me. I really like the look, but darned if I can figure out how to pull it off.... OMG So excited for Zombie Cows In Love. ^_^ I'll try not to post it too late.

      Delete
  2. Warm? Not so much - it's 25C out there! I am safe though and have a new kickass pair of winter boots that are supposedly going to give winter a run for its money :)

    Heheh another Norma Polish ^_^ so awesome! Dude by the time I got back home I'd picked up something like 13 polishes from the states >_>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm glad you got everything over the border safe and sound. :) Can't wait to hear how your new kickass winter boots work out!

      Delete
  3. Very nice almost looks like a foil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost ^_^ I like chromes because they're so smooth. Foils are nice and sparkly, but don't always have the full coverage.

      Delete
  4. I like the stamping you did--great combination of colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^_^ I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  5. One my favorite words...wonky! And, uh, all my nails would look wonky if I attempted to do that. WHEN I meet you, you will have to show me all your cool tricks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! All about sharin' the love. ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!