Sunday, January 12, 2014

China Glaze: Don't Be Foiled vs Iron Out The Details

I wore these at the same time, intending to stretch them into two posts, but they are pretty similar so I'm putting them together so you can see that they are different. Two coats each, super fast dry time. Starting with Don't Be Foiled, the lighter blue.



I didn't topcoat or anything this time. Had a bout of compulsive polishing last night. lol



Second is Iron Out The Details, the darker/brighter blue.



Yes, overcast again. Considering how they look indoors and right under the lamp I'm thinking bright sunlight glare would have made them look even more similar.



Up close Iron Out The Details is obviously more vibrant. Here are the bottle side by side:



The bottle colors actually look more different than they end up on the nail...



Shoulda flipped that, sorry. That's Iron Out The Details on the left and Don't Be Foiled on the right. Iron Out The Details looks nearly purple right next to Don't Be Foiled. lol Even so, I don't understand why they made two such similar colors for the same collection. They are crazy close. So, Sandy, what do you think of the Crinkled Chrome now? It's got bluuueeeeee..... hehehehe

Before I head off... I have a confession... I was putzing around amazon and noticed I had almost $20 in gift card just sitting there... and... well... I was bad. I deeply wanted Butter London, but none of the ones on my wishlist (which I had recently updated with Butter Londons) really stood out as being super unique. So then I started thinking about the KleanColor metallic Black, Green and Aqua and how good they are for stamping... and... well... That's when I found this. Twelve KleanColor metallics for $14. Yes it will probably give me at least two dupes, but my current green and black are minis so that's okay. I also ordered Rare & Radiant, the final Bohemian Luster Chrome! Finally!! I know, I know, "My name's Lizzy and I'm a polish-aholic".

Tomorrow I'm reaching back in time and finally swatching my last (pretty sure it's the last) Halloween polish. I know! I know... problems... lol Y'all be safe, hope your week starts out wonderfully, come on back for some mid-January neon orange!! (^_^)"/"

16 comments:

  1. Those are really very similar! I've been eyeing Rare & Radiant too, it's on my Amazon Wishlist LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I was looking up swatches of Rare & Radiant last night and was like "why have I not gotten this yet?!" O_O Amazon Wishlist is the best for keeping track of polish wants. ;)

      Delete
  2. the color is pretty but i still am not sold on them. lol but i can't believe how similar they are too! they could have made on much darker than the other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there's just no enticing you, is there? LOL

      Delete
  3. You are a polishaholic but at least you only collect nail polish and not makeup too :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL True, although you do tempt me greatly sometimes. ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow you're right these two ARE crazy close together in colour. Though I find CG is the king of making shades just slightly darker/lighter and releasing them as if they were 100% unique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the same collection, though? That's pretty ballsy. Although... I did buy both... lol

      Delete
    2. LoL true!! The only time I saw something that ballsy (as far as putting super close polishes in one collection) was with Sinful - http://stephanielouiseatb.blogspot.ca/2012/03/compare-sinful-colors-be-happy-greek.html

      Delete
    3. Woah... That's even closer than these two, I think. lol

      Delete
  5. They might as well be the same color. I like the vibrant hue just a little better. The other still looks like foil. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like the brighter one a little better, too. ;)

      Delete
  6. Not sure if I'm into these or not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I love 'em. If you're really not sure then they will probably go on clearance at Sally's soon enough. Worth at least trying for a buck or two instead of $7-8. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!