Monday, January 27, 2014

China Glaze: Aluminate

*runs breathlessly into the room ~ slides across the floor ~ crashes into the couch fort* I'm okay! I'm here. *looks around* Been a busy week, but we're finally done painting the floor! No weird bubbling or cracking, furniture moved back in and they love it! That's a relief to have behind us, and hopefully I can get back to posting a little earlier in the day.

First things first, I tried out the new Wet n Wild basecoat and none of my polish randomly popped off! First test complete. It works well with chromes. ^_^ Even Crinkle Chromes like Aluminate!



The basic silver one that looks most like crunched up aluminum foil. Two coats, dried super fast, smooth application. I did have a couple of the bar glitters pop up on me, so, yeah, topcoat. lol Not a bad idea.



The one thing I kept forgetting to mention: removal. Most everyone who tries texture polish is surprised by how easy it is to remove, and the Crinkle Chromes are no different. In spite of the added bar glitters these polishes are far easier to remove than your average glitterbomb. No scraping or scrubbing trying to get the glitter/texture bits off.

We picked up some new plants and a "blacklight" (it's really blue) LED bubbler for the fishtank. Will probably get pictures of that if my camera (or phone) will cooperate with the lights off. Tomorrow I will be showing off one of the three double-ended LA Colors "Flashpop!" polishes I picked up while Norma was down. Pop Artsy, the purple one. lol I told Aaron to pick one to go with some of the Halloween water decals I want to wear Wednesday and that's the one he chose. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to get back to Emily's Honeymoon Cruise. After I rebuild the couch fort... Hope everyone's week is off to a great start! Take care! (^_^)"/"

16 comments:

  1. sigh, texture should be easy to remove, if only I wasn't "project pan"ing my non-acetone remover. seriously horrible stuff :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gyah! Yeah, I tried non-acetone remover once. Never again. lol Good luck getting through it all!

      Delete
  2. Gah! My couch fort! *shakes fist* ;) I really like this one! Most of the crinkled chromes I felt rather neutral about but this one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! hehehehe I put it all back up for you. ;) Yeah, this one really strikes me as "crinkled chrome" being a more normal metal color.

      Delete
  3. I like this polish! It really does look like aluminum foil! And Emily's Honeymoon Cruise? Are you watching Revenge? :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. ^_^ Honeymoon Cruise is the latest installment in the Delicious (time management) games. It's so addictive!

      Delete
  4. Great foil effect looks nice on your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Very glad I got them all. hehehehe

      Delete
  5. Still not sure on these.. Picked one up at Sally's a few times and kept putting it back down.. So not sure.. They look cool, buuuut...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be adventerous! ;) lol It actually looks a bit better in real life from a little further away. And if you really don't like it you could always gift it to the first friend that says "hey, that's really cool!" ^_^

      Delete
    2. You'll probably like it more than you think. ;)

      Delete
  6. I want a couch fort...oh wait. I make one every night along with my heater to make a (what I call) a heat chamber...haha. I am glad to hear the chromes come off easier than the glitter bombs. I scored yesterday at Walgreens and got nail strips for $1.62. They had two sets so I got both. I thought of you immediately when I found them. I said to myself that you would be so proud. heehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! *tacklehugs* That is such a good deal! ^_^ Great lookin' out. I wish my Walgreens was better about clearancing stuff. :/ lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!