Friday, January 10, 2014

Born Pretty Store Water Decal Sheet Review

Hey everybody! I've got something pretty exciting today. A few weeks ago I was contacted by Born Pretty Store asking if I would review one of their products. Of course I said yes! I love those guys. ^_^ After poking around the site a bit I landed on their 1Sheet Lovely Heart Cartoon Letter Stamped Pattern Design Nail Art Water Decals Transfers Sticker*. These things:



I chose them because they're water decals which we all know I love, but also because they're little blocks of decal. I wasn't sure exactly how that would work, if they were pre-cut or what, so I thought I'd erase the mystery for all of us. When you order these you can either choose one patch of design for $1.99 or all eleven for $6.98; which I would recommend. I mean, it's a great deal and the design patches are a little smaller than a credit (or gift) card:



So if you want to do a full mani you're probably going to need more than one anyway. I did, in fact, want to do a full mani; and here's how I did it. I started by cutting out the three blocks with the similar looking letter designs:



I then traced (and labelled) my fingertips on the back.



Cut out the little rectangles, removed the plastic covering and soaked them like normal.



Then applied like normal water decals. Which was a bit tricky as they tried to slide around at first. Once I was sure they were centered I rolled a finger over them to flatten the decal as much as I could. Since my nails are pretty curvy I did get a little bunching.



Then it got interesting. I cleaned up the edges with 100% acetone and my normal clean up brush, then I applied topcoat and wrapped my tips to keep everything in place. The topcoat smoothed out the decals and eliminated the bunching! That's pretty impressive and made me very happy.



I love how this looks all together. It's a little more work than your average nail art strips, but these are so much more affordable.



Of course, you don't have to do a full mani. You could also pick and choose which designs you like and cut those out separately. I love the notebook paper lines in the background on these. Looks like teenage girl scrapbooking. If you're going to cut out pieces this small, though, I'd recommend removing the plastic covering first. I had some issues finding a free edge on the tiny little candy piece.



I really liked the Scrabble lettering as well and decided to try a row of those as well.



My nails are a bit too rounded for something this long to make sense, but I tried. lol



The single "Angel" on my thumb worked out quite a bit better.



So many possibilities. I'll be saving the red heart/love blocks until it's closer to Valentine's Day.

Overall I find these nail art decals super versatile and pretty easy to use. All you need is scissors and water. Again, when you order be sure to check the number of the decal block you want, and keep in mind the size. That link again is: 1Sheet Lovely Heart Cartoon Letter Stamped Pattern Design Nail Art Water Decals Transfers Sticker. They do have a lot of new water decals, many of which are similar to these in concept, but a lot of them you can tell where you're supposed to cut them. I'll have some of those to show you just as soon as they get here. I couldn't resist. Let me know what you think of these decal blocks. Would you go for a full mani or cut out your own little accents? Hope everyone has a fantastic, safe and warm weekend! (^_^)"/"



*Product provided free for honest review; not otherwise compensated or dictated.

10 comments:

  1. these look very thick? are they the same thickness as those usual decals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a little thicker than normal water decals, closer in thickness to regular nail polish strips.

      Delete
  2. I love water decals, so much fun! I think I would probably just do an accent nail because honestly a full mani is just too much work for me LOL. I love how yours came out and the fact that the top coat smoothed out the bunching, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it does take some time. lol So worth it, though. I've got a few coming in I *have* to do full manis with cuz they're just too cool, but for these I think I'd definitely go with accent as well.

      Delete
  3. Perfection! I love it, will try it sometime soon.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. ^_^ Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Hmm, full nail water decals. This intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I thought. lol The biggest difference is the price. So so so cheap compared to the stickers or polish strips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really cool as full nail decals. I didn't know you could do that with water decals. This might be something I would be able to pull off. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!