Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Born Pretty Store Neon Fish Water Decal Review

Hello everybody! Today I am reviewing the Neon Fish Water Decals from Born Pretty Store.



I chose these because I just love the bright colors and I had such a fun experience with the previous water decals. These, as you can see, are pre-sized to eliminate guess-work.



First tip: These decals are see-through. You're going to want a base color unless you have really nice nails and don't mind the colors not being as bright as they could be.



Second tip: I found these decals to be fairly fragile. If you need to move it around, especially if you need to move it up closer to your cuticle, slide it off towards the tip and re-place it. You can see on my pinkie where I damaged the decal trying to slide it around.



Third tip: Be sure the decals are completely dry and pressed firmly on to the nail before applying topcoat. You'll also want to trim down the free edge (I used acetone and my clean-up brush) because topcoat apparently can melt these decals if you don't use a light touch. You can see on my thumb where my topcoat brush pulled off a chunk of the decal.



Final tip: Either use extreme care or topcoat before cleaning up the edges. These were a little less forgiving as far as rogue acetone leaking onto them.



If you can keep those things in mind, I think you would have great success with these. As you can see in my final picture there, the images are very bright and detailed and the things I learned from my right hand made my left hand come out so much better. They are a little thin for my nails (which are wider than they appear because of the curve), but if you get the image centered they do have very good coverage. I encourage you to check out the customer image on the product page. There you can also see the twelve insane designs these come in. I just showed Aaron my messed up right hand and he couldn't see anything wrong with it. For only 99cents I'd say they're at least worth a try. Just keep my experiences in mind and you should do okay. I do have a different set of these I will be posting on Sunday to see if I can follow my own good advice. What do you think? Which design would you try?

12 comments:

  1. They are adorable and so colorful.. I love them..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just wish they were a little easier to work with...

      Delete
  2. These are a great concept and I love the design you chose! It's a shame they were so tricky to work with! They still look great though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^_^ Hopefully this was enough practice that next time I'll be able to make all of my nails look good... lol

      Delete
  3. Hmmm... Feeling skeptical about these ones, I kind knew they were gonna be hard to work with since it's really hard to cut out the perfect shape around the cuticles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that would take care of the clean-up mess, but it would be difficult rounding it off. Maybe if I just rounded the corners next time that would help....

      Delete
  4. Hmmm....they look pretty but I guess I have to pass on this one. They seem kinda hard to put on. I prefer easier ones especially when I am kinda in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would be nice if they were a little easier. I'll be doing a follow-up on Sunday with the other set I got. :)

      Delete
  5. Ugh, I love the concept, but if you had any kind of trouble with them (they looked good to me); I am done for! I like the idea of custom ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the part I don't understand is the initial review was positively GLOWING. Maybe I'm just overly spazzy? lol Here's hoping I have better luck with the second set.

      Delete
  6. Love it it looks great on the nails just takes a bit of time to apply :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!