Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Zoya: Crystal

Wow... second day in a row I've misplaced the polish I'm about to discuss... *looks around*.... *facepalm* Left it outside. That's embarrassing. This day... omg this day. Had my nails all painted pretty and then I had to break into the xbox again to reset the laser. Needless to say (I'm gonna say it anyway) I had to repaint my nails when we got home. Kind of a shame. I was actually going to wear this polish tomorrow, too.



Three coats of Crystal. Two may have sufficed, but Crystal is one of those pulverized glitter polishes (in this case blue and gold) that can look muddy and sheer from certain angles. So I went with three. I'm going to go ahead and recommend a quick drying topcoat. I just jabbed my thumb into one of the nails I did this morning and it went right through the polish. Here's a close-up in the shade.



Yeah, this one was really difficult to photograph. Sorry. :( It is much prettier in person than I expected. Especially with a matte topcoat.



Normal (no topcoat) on the left, matte on the right. The matte topcoat really tones down the sparkle so you can see what's going on with the glitter bits.

I think tomorrow I'm going to finish off the Beauty Beats collection with As Long As You Love Me then use that as a base for To The Glitter End!. Then something else and then it will finally be the first day of Winter (also my dad's birthday) for which I plan on wearing There's Snow One Like You to mark the occasion! We're not likely to get snow, but it'll be a nice way to celebrate the change in seasons. In the meantime I think I'll sit and fill up my h2tb shopping cart in anticipation of a $50 cashout I'm waiting on. I'm getting the whole China Glaze Crinkled Chrome collection, may as well pick up a few other goodies with the leftover cash. hehehehe Hope everyone's having a great week! See ya tomorrow! (^_^)"/"

11 comments:

  1. I swear there is another color not called crystal that looks very very similar to this.... Cannot recall which.
    I love this kind of polish the subtle mix of colors adds so much complexity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! There is another brand that has the same polish, although I can't recall which either. I just saw it, too....

      Delete
    2. Apparently OPI Reflecting Pool is a dupe, but I would swear there was a cheaper one as well....

      http://jworldstyle.blogspot.com/2012/08/opi-reflecting-pool-zoya-crystal-dupes.html

      Delete
  2. I had to chuckle about you leaving the bottle outside LOL, totally sounds like something I would do :) I really like this polish though, I think I may even like it better with the matte top coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I couldn't believe I did that. Definitely more scatterbrained than usual. hehehe Glad you like it! Definitely much softer with the matte topcoat. ^_^

      Delete
  3. I think I have an opi colour similar to this one from the James Bond Collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its pretty. Not my favorite, but my daughter would love it. I like the different texture of colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's what drew me, too. It's something different and I'm always looking for different. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!