Thursday, December 12, 2013

Let's Get Physical

Hiyee ^_^ Since I'm still very much enjoying my Plants v Zombies mani I thought I'd share something a little (okay a lot) different today. Starting with a confession: There's not a whole lot my body is good for beyond keeping my brain alive. >_> I'm spazzy and uncoordinated, zero rhythm and just all around awkward. So when it comes to getting/keeping fit... I have several obstacles to overcome. Not the least of which is consistency. Halloween and Thanksgiving (and a teensy bout of depression early in the year) hit me pretty hard and I'm really trying to get back into the habit of eating better, drinking more water and getting up off of my lazy ass to move around. ^_^ This past month I've been trying a few things and I believe I've come up with something that pushes me enough to be effective, but not so much that I hurt myself and give up.

Sunday & Wednesday:

I must say, this is my favorite. Yoga Zone: Introduction To Yoga. I had the VHS of this a few years ago and used to do it all the time. The movements are easy to learn and there are four people each showing different levels of difficulty; so it's adaptive. It's relaxing and invigorating and this, beyond anything, I really recommend people try.

Monday & Thursday:

These are my (stationary) bike days. I used to be able to go for almost an hour every day no problem. After a couple of weeks I'm back up to 15 minutes, but the resistance is set to minimal. A little disappointed with myself there, but I'm not discouraged. I removed the broken meter and rigged up a frame to hold my tablet so I can watch hulu or Netflix while I pedal. Not terribly exciting, but easy to do and I can move the bike indoors or outdoors depending on the weather.

Tuesday & Friday:

Here is a fun new addition to my routine that I am pleasantly surprised with. The Goddess Workout: Cardio Bellydance. What?! Yeah! There are some difficulties (namely my lack of rhythm), but I made it through the whole video. I'm sure it would have been painful for anybody watching, but I believe with a bit more practice it's something I could start getting good at. The biggest point in it's favor is that I don't need a lot of floor space. hehehe No way am I doing this outside. XD

Saturday:

Saturday is my true day of rest, inspired by this image posted by The Deviant Witch:



Minus the "intense cardio" part. lol Clean out the fridge, release negativity and prepare for the cycle to start again.

If I can manage to keep on track then hopefully this will help shed the 25lbs I managed to gain back this past year. *ugh* What sorts of things do you do to keep in shape? Any recommendations? Or is everybody just ignoring all this until after new years? lol Tomorrow I've got an idea for a belly dancing inspired art to go with Unpredictable. C'mon back to see that and find out if my second attempt at that video went any better than the first! (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. Woah, you go girl! Belly dancing lol, so adventurous!
    I just go to the gym and do cardio on those elliptical machines. Some floor exercise. I am not fond of doing in door stuff but the weather is too crappy for me to go out and I am getting lazier and lazier these days :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol That's the big problem about winter. Even humans want to hibernate! I wish I had an elliptical machine. They look fun!

      Delete
  2. I would love to learn belly dancing but were I live they only have ballet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are videos on the internet. Admittedly it would be better with a live instructor, but... for me this is a good enough place to start.

      Delete

  3. awesome Lizzy!!! Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to do Yoga all the time. I lent someone my DVD and never got it back and I can't remember who it was that borrowed it. I need to get a new one. I love Yoga. I can't do the bike...I get bored really easily. At the gym, I can run on the treadmill because they have TV's attached...lol. Belly dancing sounds so much fun. I took a class once for belly dancing. I wish I would have stuck with it. I go to the gym consistently 4 times a week. I didn't get to the past couple of weeks because of sick kid and weather. But I am back on Monday! I still do Jillian Michaels occasionally, but I got bored with her. I have a boredom problem...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, boredom sucks, but at least you can keep finding new ways to keep your body working. It's harder for people who don't get bored and then they just go through the motions and they're not really getting the good workout they could be. Good luck getting back into your routine!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!