Sunday, December 15, 2013

Essence: I'm Backstage (+Glitter Bits)

I wasn't sure what to call this. lol You'll get it when you see it, though. First up, a very necessary three coats of I'm Backstage.



The formula on this one was really thin, I almost went for four coats. It dried really quickly, though, so at least that wasn't a problem. Also, perhaps being thinner helped the shimmer stand out?



Ta-da! Yep, we got some sunshine today. In an attempt to make the most of it I decided to try out this half glitter technique that I've seen around.



I started with a light coat of Ice Dream halfway down the nail and then just a little bit more right up at the cuticle. Topped it off with a layer of topcoat to smooth everything out. Maybe it's the colors, but I think I like this better when other people do it...



*shrugs* I think tomorrow I'll try Baby, Baby, Ooh! and then Tuesday I'll wear Crystal since Cristy wants to see that one. Now I'm going to go take a shower so my mom can cut my hair before I dye it. Brown. *sigh* Hope everyone's having a great weekend! (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. Ha! I don't think it's just you - whenever I try any snazzy nail art techniques (especially the half glitters) I always like the pics I see online better. I love this on you though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe *hugs* I'm glad you like it. ^_^

      Delete
  2. This is a really nice combo, reminds me of this character lol
    http://www.bethpratt.com/storage/snowmiserrankinbass.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1326327532679

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I love that cartoon!!! ^_^ I have a toy of him around him somewhere....

      Delete
  3. This colour is really pretty and soft. looks very nice with the glitters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that these polishes dry quickly. And I squealed and my eyes lit up when I saw the glitter on them. They almost look like icicles. Definite nail envy...I broke my 4th one today opening a package.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! ^_^ Glad you like it! Sucks about your nail, though. :( I've quit using my nails to open stuff. I even use a spoon to open up the cans of cat food now. That's helped a lot. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!