Friday, December 13, 2013

China Glaze: Unpredictable

I'm here! I'm here. lol First, though, I just have to ask, again: What was the deal with everybody complaining that the Bohemian Luster Chrome collection was disappointing? Seriously?



Here I've got Unpredictable. A multi-chrome that shifts from gold to gold-green to teal to dark blue to purple. My accent is Swanky Silk with a circle gold stud "belt" and "dangles" of Unpredictable intended to simulate the belly dancing skirt with the jangling coins. ....Did ya get that? lol



Ignore me when I say that I used four coats... I kind of quit paying attention to what I was doing and just kept painting. :p Notice, though, no sheet/hair marks. So that's pretty impressive, right? Topcoat before bed (because I needed it for the studs and I like consistency) and the color was dry enough to not get squished in.



I may get a bit defensive when it comes to this collection (seriously, I've loved them all), but here's a video so you can see the color shift. If you're having a hard time spotting the dark blue and purple, keep an eye on the cuticle area of my index finger.



And a close up. If you look you can see how Swanky Silk shows tan above the 'belt' and purple below.



Funny story. This turned out almost exactly the way I pictured in my head and for some reason I was expecting it to look a little better.... lol So how did my second belly dancing attempt go? Still choppy and spastic, but I did make it all the way through again. I'm not sure if I'll ever be as fast or fluid as Dolphina, but I'm going to keep at it. It is a great workout even if it doesn't look good.

In other polish news: I made it to Ulta this morning with a $5 off of $10 purchase coupon and ran smack into a fresh essence Beauty Beats trend edition display!



Baby, Baby, Oooh!, I'm Backstage, As Long As You Love Me and Groupie At Heart. Yes... it's a Justin Bieber collection. Fortunately his name is nowhere on the bottles so I can happily forget that fact in a few months. ;) I also ordered My Private Rainbow from ILNP which is a linear holo topcoat (oh, the possibilities!) and Party 'Til The Cows Come Home from Polish Yer Hooves. hehehe I've been bad.

Anybody else made any exciting polish purchases? You can tell me. It'll be our little secret. ;) Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!! I'll be here again tomorrow with... something... Take care! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see your swatches of the essence stuff, the beiber aspect turned me away but i do love essence, glad you pointed out his name isn't on the bottle! also this cg is really pretty, i didn't realize the collection was so nice either, glad your video show me just how nice it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, I almost didn't get them because of him, but thankfully he wasn't plastered all over the products. Really thinking of trying Groupie At Heart first. ^_^

      Yay! So glad you like it. :D I don't know what people were expecting... I really don't get all the negative reviews this collection got...

      Delete
  2. I bought deviantly or something, a blue/violet shifter from the collection and I quite like it but I think compared to peridot or just spotted a lizard, unpredictable has slightly less duo chrome. but obviously the different isn't that big

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. There are a couple that don't have *super* strong shifts, but they're still pretty. I guess if you don't like the metallic cast it could be off-putting? *shrugs*

      Delete
  3. Ooh this nail polish looks so nice! I can't believe people were complaining about it!
    Your haul looks great - you must be happy it doesn't have Bieber's name all over it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I really can't believe it either. I love 'em!! :D hehehe OMG SO HAPPY!!! XD I probably would have still gotten, them, but... it woulda hurt. lol

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see the essence swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got one coming today! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you put 4 layers on and it's not squishy. My kind of polish. I like the color shifting. You had me with the polish collection until I saw JB. Really, Justin?? Do you wear the polish your name is on? haha. I still really like the purple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO!!! Yeah, he's all over a lot of girly products. I didn't expect to get them after seeing all of the promo pics, but since his name isn't actually on them I'm okay having them in my collection. I mean... I do have the Twilight ones, too... *rolls eyes*

      Delete

I love hearing from you!