Friday, December 20, 2013

Cheeky Stamping!

So few things quite as enticing as a new set of stamping plates. ^_^ I couldn't wait to get started. First step: Pick the plate! I decided to try out Cheeky plate CH1.



I was going to use the splotchy looking design on the left, but it wasn't quite giving me the design-coverage that I wanted, so I switched to the kinda rounded giraffe looking one. Anybody know what that is? Just spots? I don't know.

Step 2: Pick the polish! I wanted to use Worth The Risque, but it just dried way too fast! I still wanted some holo sparkle in the stamping so I tried Beyond and that worked perfectly. You may still be able to see remnants of the failed WTR attempts.



Of course the sun decided to hide from me. Fortunately, cameras come with flash bulbs. ;)



Sparkle!! hehehe And a little matte topcoat so you can actually see the design.



One thing that really really impressed me is how big the full-nail designs are. If my nails were a little shorter (which I'm sure they will be soon enough) or I was a little more careful with the placement (practice, practice, practice!) it would actually cover the whole nail!! Cheeky! Who knew?!

Tomorrow is the Winter Solstice! Can't wait to see how There's Snow One Like You looks in person. 'Til then I think I'm going to go and play Fallout or something. Take my mind off the current insanity. Y'all take care and have a great (and safe) weekend! (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't it?! ^_^ I'm glad it stamped as well as it did. Will be trying again when the sun is more cooperative.

      Delete
  2. The holo looks so nice stamped! These stamping plates seem really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so far! ^_^ I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with them.

      Delete
  3. That is really cool. Dumb question, do you put the polish on the plate thing? Is it curved like the nail? (ok, so that was two). I really like that design. Where did you get the plate thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not dumb at all. You dab some polish on the plate and then scrape off the excess (with a scraping tool or an old gift card) then you press the stamper onto the design and use that to transfer it. >_> Lemme find a video link for you... lol

      http://youtu.be/9c8YTe0xSV0

      There ya go. All kinds of stampers, scrapers (which you don't need, I use an old walmart gift card and that works fine) and plates you can find on amazon or bornprettystore or ebay. Almost anywhere nowadays. Essence and Kiss also have sets; I've seen the Kiss ones at Walmart.

      Delete
    2. I think my daughter would have a lot of fun with this. Thanks for the tutorial video. I might have to watch it a few times (I am OCD like that).

      Delete
    3. No problemo. I watched 'em a few times myself. ;) Helps to mentally prepare.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!