Monday, December 9, 2013

A Very Aussie Xmas

Hello, all! After yesterday's attempted redemption fiasco I was determined to have something work. After a bit of scrolling and clicking I ran across Pool Party. A neon watermelon pink I kinda hated. More sheer than I expected and not as red as I expected. So this time I went in prepared. Ready for pink and with One Upon A Time for undies.



Okay, okay, I like it. lol I did use three coats to build up brightness. Next time I'll use white instead of white-silver and see what happens.

So... *looks around* I really don't like Christmas. I didn't used to hate it, I know that. However, it begins it's descent so early in the year that by the time December actually gets here I'm just so burnt out and sick of it already. Which just compounds every other reason I don't like it. This mani isn't for me, but it's one I can totally live with because it's Christmasy, but not.



I've been following Lisa for a few months now. She's going through some things lately that remind me of things my mom went through not too long ago. So she's been on my mind a lot lately and I wish her all the strength to get through it. She lives in Australia. It's easy to forget that this time of year is Summer down there. (Also just learned that their seasons start three weeks before ours officially change; yep, it's not winter yet, not officially) Yet, they still celebrate Christmas. o_O Hence the summery neon Christmas mani.



I used Pool Party for the background (obviously) and I'm With The Lifeguard for the tree. I added Salon Perfect Zapped over the tree for texture and Zapped over the star just because... Oh yeah, the star... uhm... oh yeah, that was LA Colors Flicker.

So... yep. That's how that came about. Uhm... yeah... I have no idea what I'm doing tomorrow. lol Six unworns and I just don't know. And now everybody needs something all of a sudden... oy Hope everyone's week is off to a great start. Y'all take care! (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. Ah HA! A miniscule amount of Holiday Cheer! I'll take it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made my day. I am re learning to love xmas now that i have Odin the Terrible as a grandbaby but it still feels so weird to be 'christmassy' when we are sweltering in the heat. My poor dogs and my poor Hub the builder. Thank You for the mention on your post. I am smiling today xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it. ^_^ It does seem like it would be disorienting since most christmas themes don't really translate to summer. I'm glad you're relearning to enjoy it. :) Hopefully it will also help you feel better. *hugs*

      Delete
  3. So sweet of you Lizzy and so glad it cheered Lisa up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw shucks *blushes* I'm glad it did, too ^_^

      Delete
  4. It's hard to wrap my head around Christmas in summer temps. I know it's probably normal for Lisa, but man Santa will burn up in his suit down there. Very cute mani though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol It is hard to imagine, isn't it? Well, not as much for me, I guess, since it's getting pretty warm again. ;) Not summer warm, though...

      Delete

I love hearing from you!