Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Polish Yer Hooves: Witchy Moo

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am. When I first heard about Polish Yer Hooves, Witchy Moo* was the first polish I wanted. Now, it is mine! Here is two coats of Witchy Moo layered over two coats of Sugar Rush.



So fun! I ordered Witchy Moo unscented since I'm sure not everybody is going to want to pay 50cents for a smell and by itself the Polish Yer Hooves base is not strong at all. If you get your nose right up next to it there is a slight... astringent-ness? It's a bit sharp, but from a normal distance I didn't notice any odor at all. So unless your nose is super sensitive it won't bother you.



There is so much going on in this glitter I hardly know where to start! We've got medium to small hex and square glitters in red, lavendar, blue and black. All in a sheer blue base. On the nail the black and red are most prominent. Again, this is two coats and I didn't fish or maneuver the glitter around on my nails.



Dry time was about average. Depending on your polish habits (I paint fairly medium-thick and don't always wait for layers to dry) you may or may not need a topcoat. The base is sheer and if you have pretty nails and don't mind VNL you could wear this on it's own with two or three coats.



Left side is one, right side is two. Pretty decent build up! Sadly Witchy Moo is/was seasonal and is not currently available. The good news is that Attack of the Zombie Cows was so well received that it is part of the core line! So even though Halloween has passed (already?!) you can still get your hands on that one. Not only that, Leigh Anne is now offering hand painted polish bottles and they're super cute! $8 for just the empty painted bottle, $2 add-on if you buy the polish and want it in a fancy one of a kind bottle. She'll make them to order (even non-cow designs) so if you have a polish that's close to your heart that you want to do something special for, or if you want something special to give away for the holidays, drop her a line! I know she'd love to hear from you. ^_^

I also ordered Mad Cow Disease, but I love that one so much I'm saving it for my birthday. So you'll be seeing that sometime between the 11th-14th. In the meantime I have so many other fun things. Tomorrow I'm going to try and catch up on a couple of non-nail related things. Hope everyone is having a fantastic week!! I love you guys so much. (^_^)"/"



*Discounted for honest blog reviewing purposes. Not otherwise compensated or dictated.

9 comments:

  1. I really like the square glitters!! soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! There isn't nearly enough square glitter in the world.

      Delete
  2. It's pretty with the square glitter and i also like the name :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe I love the name! That was the first thing that caught my attention. ;)

      Delete
  3. Ok, I love these polishes, but I have the hardest time removing them. How do you remove the heavy glitter polish? Also, what are you removal tips in general? Inquiring minds want to know (probably just mine, but I really liked that statement from the 80's/90')! haha I spent twenty minutes yesterday with a good ole cotton ball and a bottle of remover trying to get my halloween glitter polish off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, what you want to do is take ten cotton balls (or five ripped in half so you have ten) and soak five in remover. Press them onto your nails and let them soak in for a couple of minutes. Some people will say you need foil to hold it on, but regular remover doesn't evaporate like 100% acetone and the balls stick just fine. After a few you press onto the cotton ball and firmly slide it towards your tip. All but the biggest chunks should come right off. Fold the cotton ball in half (waste not, want not) and use the other side(s) for any extra bits leftover. ^_^ Hope that helped!

      Delete
    2. Oh, then use the other five on your other hand... >_>

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know, right?! :D They always make me smile.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!