Wednesday, November 20, 2013

LA Colors Neons!

I refrained from naming these in the title because... well... they're not labelled so I'm only about 95% sure that the names I'm calling them are their real names. I did do a fair bit of swatch-searching, but ya never know. lol These came in an awesome nail art kit that Melissa and Isis grabbed for me for my birthday. It also came with three Art Deco (their detail brush ones) bottles and some tip guides.

First I'm going to share what I believe to be LA Colors Mint.



Whatever the name is I don't have an LA Colors neon green so YAY! This is two coats over white. With a bit of Art Deco detailing I'll get into later. ;)



The neon payoff on this one was amazing. We headed out as the sun was going down and it was still bright as day on my nails!



The second one I have I believe is called Energy Charge. Two coats over white.



I do have Lightning which is similar, but Energy Charge is lighter than that. Almost like a neon pastel pink.



This one also got brighter as the sun was setting. ^_^



Love 'em! So bright and fun, very uplifting as the days turn dreary. Which they are going to... here, at least. We're looking at up to a week of rain so I'm trying to swatch like crazy while the sun is out. lol

Tomorrow will likely be a matte black comparison. Yeah, I was all jacked and now I have two. *teehee* I also have another swap in the works, but we've decided to wait until after the holiday postal rush before attempting it. My Zoya matte velvets are on their way and should be here around Saturday. I am a little concerned about that... The charge was pending on my account for nearly two weeks and then vanished as soon as I got the shipping notice. It's back up as pending now so hopefully it will go through... Free Zoyas would be great, but not at the risk of them getting pissed at me cuz they think I'm trying to jerk 'em around. I'm really not! I don't know why it disappeared. :( OMG!!! I nearly forgot!

Little heads up for all of ya, Polish Yer Hooves is going to have a limited edition black holo polish available for Black Friday! November 29-30 and December 1 only!



It's going to be called Black Angus and I'm going to be getting that one. With luck at the same time I'll also be able to snag one of these:



*squee* Those are available now, they're called Snowfall and you can choose if you want the blue base or the clearish base. I can hardly contain myself. ^_^ That right there is the total sum of my Black Friday shopping. lol Well, depending on how funds look I may also get some holiday (or ribbon) earrings for my mom.

Okay, I think that's it this time. Hope everyone's having a great week! (^_^)"/" Take care of yourselves and stay warm out there.

18 comments:

  1. Love how super bright those are! I wish they would put their names on the bottles. I have some neons from them too and I have no clue what their names are LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's frustrating, isn't it? If you want to try and get an idea you can check their site and then look up swatches of similar colors. Sadly there's no guarantee, but you might get lucky. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes it is! Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try and see what I come up with :)

      Delete
    3. Good luck!! :D Hopefully there won't be too many similar colors. I do have a pic of Lightning and "Energy Charge" next to each other if you think you might have one (or both) of those.

      Delete
  2. that's definitely mint, I have the same one :) but i also have a bunch of LA color minis I had to swatch search for too.. so annoying!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Thank you for confirming for me! :D I wasn't sure because it's kind of an odd name for a neon, but yay!! Yeah, they really should label their bottles. lol

      Delete
  3. I kind of want the snowflake polish but I feel like I have to hand place those big snowflakes, which would be a pain...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did mention that the snowflakes are "kind of on the heavy side". Looks like she got a fair amount on her nails, though. I'll find out... beginning of December. lol

      Delete
  4. Love the last one so cool for Christmas with the snow flakes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. ^_^ I can't wait to get my hands on it.

      Delete
  5. That green is eye popping! And the snowflake glitters--I die!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love it. ^_^ Can't wait to get my hands on the snowflakes. @_@

      Delete
  6. Still love that green!! I love Polish Your Hooves, their polishes are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? ^_^ I can't wait 'til the 29th to get my hands on Black Angus!! And she's working on even more! I swear I think she's trying to kill me... lol

      Delete
    2. Or at least make you go broke!! lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!