Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Julep: Missy VS Wet n Wild: Once Upon A Time

Hello, darlings! I didn't really think much about silver being a Halloween color, until I ended up with two of them sitting here. I guess it makes sense. Also, it's far easier to do a comparison when I have them sitting right here next to each other. lol I know I already have a ton of silver polishes, but Missy came in my Julep box and Once Upon A Time was on clearance for 49cents. You know how that goes. ;) The formulas for these two are very similar. Pulverized silver particles in a clear base, so you've got to be really careful applying, or super diligent cleaning up errant sparkles. Both required only two coats. Once Upon A Time did dry a bit quicker than Missy...



I'm not sure if you can tell, but I ended up with a couple of hair-marks in Missy. Both of them can get a little brush-strokey, but it's not really noticeable in real life. Even up close. Which is nice.



I do have one tiny gripe about Once Upon A Time. I noticed as I typed the name into my spreadsheet that I already had a polish by that name. "No biggie", I thought. "It happens". Right? Well, not usually by the same company as a completely different color. Sometimes I suppose it does... like now, but... man... Do they not keep records of these things?

Onto the comparison!



They are both silver, but even in the bottle you can tell they are slightly different. Missy is more of a grey-silver while Once Upon A Time is more of a white-silver.



Colorwise I like them both. I like that Missy has a little bit more depth to it, and I like that Once Upon A Time is so stark and smooth.

Tomorrow is my birthday (yes, yes, everybody knows, shut up already) and if things go well I want to try and run to IKEA... for a Helmer... *hangs head* IF I do then I'll do an organization post. Maybe a video if I'm up to cleaning my little corner. Maybe. lol Hope everyone's having a great week. (^_^)"/" I'll be back tomorrow with what has to be the most fun polish I've ever played with.

13 comments:

  1. I like once upon a time better, I like that it just pops out more!
    Hah, all the nail fanatics are talking about the Helmer, I am looking forward to seeing yours! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! I think it would make a good base for neons. :) hehehe I always told myself I'd never be crazy enough to need a Helmer, but... it turns out I was wrong. lol

      Delete
    2. It really does! I think it would make a good base for neons. :) hehehe I always told myself I'd never be crazy enough to need a Helmer, but... it turns out I was wrong. lol

      Delete
  2. OOH A HELMER! So cool. Hope you get one. I'd LOVE to see a polish/organization video or post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna try. ;) It is (will be) my birthday after all. LOL

      Delete
  3. Happy early birthday! I hope you get that Helmer because I love them and love to see other people's.

    I didn't realize that WnW had reused that name until you said something and then I checked my spreadsheet--I've got two Once Upon a Times, too (red glitter and this silver).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I probably wouldn't have noticed either (likely ever) except my spreadsheet starts auto-filling with words I've used before. I should try them together. I bet the silver would make a nice base for that glitter.

      Delete
  4. hey happy birthday Lizzy!!! =)
    Both nail polishes are nice and similar, the one I prefer is Once Upon a Time because is white based,
    kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^_^ It's interesting that most people prefer the cheap one. I wonder if I have any others closer to Once Upon A Time.

      Delete
  5. Great comparison! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I'm glad you like it. ^_^

      Delete
  6. I love both. I like silver polishes. I think I like the darker just a little more, but I really like the price of Once Upon a Time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Ayup, price always plays a part. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!