Thursday, November 21, 2013

Jessica: Black Matte VS Julep: Cleopatra

Hello lovelies! Hope everyone is staying warm. It's not that cold here in Texas (yet), but I've seen some people getting snow... *shudders* I forgot to mention last month when my Nail Art Society box came in. I think I did... anyway, it came with another Jessica polish and some gold sticker thingies. I think I was happier before the big "redesign" so it didn't exactly break my heart that my subscription has lapsed thanks to that little snafoo with my debit card. This gives me a chance to evaluate a few sets via facebook before re-committing myself. Will be easy enough to re-activate if it starts catching my attention again.

Until then I do have this lovely matte black polish aptly named Black Matte. Apparently I had a little incident with my index finger there that I don't recall....



I love having another bottle of matte black since the Julep bottles are fairly small. It's so sleek and sophisticated and powerful looking. This is two coats, super smooth formula, fast dry time.



Since I still had Cleopatra fairly handy it was easy enough to dig out for a comparison.



Formula-wise they applied the same. Two coats, comparable dry times.



I thought that perhaps Cleopatra was more black, but when I got out into the sun it appears that Black Matte is just more matte.



What do you think? Am I crazy? ....more than usual? lol

I really have no graceful way to wrap this up so... y'all take care! Wherever you are, be safe and happy polishing! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. From the pictures, they look the same to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... sometimes I wasn't sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me or something? lol Maybe it was an angle thing.

      Delete
  2. I recommend you just get half a dozen different matte topcoats. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a few. I like getting matte-on-purpose polishes, though. Especially with the black the matte topcoat gives it a weird rainbow shimmer I'm not in love with.

      Delete
  3. I think the Jessica polish does appear to be a tad bit more matte than the Julep. It's most noticeable for me in the first comparison photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jasmine, they look the same. It's really pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Like black leather pants for my nails. ;)

      Delete
  5. Maybe the Julep is a bit darker but they look very similar to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may depend on monitor settings. Some people are seeing it, others aren't.... *shrugs* They are very similar, which I'm actually glad for in this case. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!