Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I Love Nail Polish: Cygnus Loop

Okay, I'm posting this anyway even though my computer doesn't want to connect to photobucket all of a sudden. >_< Hopefully you can see the pictures.

*FLAILS* It's finally here!!!



According to ILNP's website:

"Depending on the light and angle of your lovely fingertips, Cygnus Loop will shuffle through a bright purple, to orange, to yellow, and even a little bit of green. Woah!"



I never saw any green, but I didn't dunk my hand in water this time either. Here's what Norma has to say!



"Cyngus Loop is the last of the I Love Nail Polish Ultra Chrome collection that I tried. It is beautiful but, to be honest, it didn't wow me like the others - probably because my expectations were so high after trying the other three.



Cyngus Loop shifts between a beautiful deep, royal purple, a blueish colour, wine and gold. It was a smidge on the thick side so leaving plenty of time for each layer to dry, and using thin layers is highly recommended.



For my mani, I used Loop for the main mani and Birefringence as the accent nail (on the ring finger). I'd say that these are close enough that you don't *need* both but I don't regret having both, either. If you're struggling I'd recommend Fringe over Loop as the colour shifts seemed more dramatic and eye catching to me. For both colours I used three thin (ish) layers and left at least 10 minutes between each layer to dry. After my third layer I waited about 15 minutes and the polish was still tacky and since I'd had drying issues with all of the other polishes in this collection, I decided to top it off with China Glaze Fast Forward.



Since Loop didn't wow me as much I had expected, I layered Essie Shine of the Times over it. Now THAT perked me up. Super pretty!"



I agree with everything Norma said. Thin coats, but I still needed a quick dry topcoat. Also, I think we've been spoiled because I was a bit surprised at how quickly I was ready to crackle over it. I didn't get that deep red that she got, but I did pick up this lovely orange:



Cygnus Loop is gorgeous, but I do prefer Mutagen. I knew I would, that one is green! lol I do have a soft spot for orange as well, though.



If you're debating getting both Cygnus Loop and Birefringence, by all means go ahead. lol Norma was kind enough to wear Birefringence as an accent and caught something I found very interesting. In this first pic, Birefringence is obviously much more blue than Cygnus Loop.



In this one (I chopped off her pinkie!!!) the two are identical:



The middle finger is her middle finger; the red is from Cygnus Loop. I thought that was interesting.

Okay, I keep getting distracted and we haven't even picked up dinner yet! Hope everyone is having a fantastic week!!! (^_^)"/"

16 comments:

  1. I can't see the pictures in this post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the code is good, but photobucket is having issues. >_> Hopefully they'll clear it up soon.

      Delete
  2. There the pictures are! Yeah I guess we should've saved Mutie for last, I had no idea I'd love it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a beautiful polish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow lovely, looks soooo shiny and metal like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh it does! :D I didn't notice that before.

      Delete
  5. this polish is just awesome! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the polish is really pretty, but man...so much wait time! I do love the chrome chameleon polish, I need to go look at some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Revlon ones? Those are pretty good, too. These ones have a better color shift, but are pretty expensive. Sally Hansen has some color shift polishes out, too that people seem to like.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!