Friday, November 15, 2013

Essence: Orange Is The New Black & Finger Paints: Sketch-y

Hello darlings! Today I wanted to take a side-trip away from the glitters for a second. So I started with two coats of essence Orange Is The New Black.



Did get a touch of that phantom dirt line, which I kind of expected. Orange Is The New Black is a basic cream sort of vintage orange that reminds me a lot of Old School Orange. Super smooth formula, super fast dry time. No funky surprises there.



I wanted to try this random striping tape design for a while, and figured Sketch-y would be a good compliment to OITNB.



Sketch-y is a very interesting color. Out in the sun it very much comes off like a purple with sort of pink/red/orangey shimmer?



Indoors it's more of a warm brown.



The formula on this one was really nice as well. Two coats, fairly quick dry time. No issues whatsoever. Except I did have to come back inside and take a second crack at clean-up. :p If you're working with the lights on that won't be a problem.

Hate to type and run, but lunch is calling our names. Hope everyone had a great week! Enjoy your weekend and stay safe. (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. pretty - it looks a bit halloweeny and i like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I guess it does a bit. ;) Glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. Sketch-y is my kind of color! Looks great with the orange and your striping tape design is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I almost didn't get it, but I'm very glad I did.

      Delete
  3. I love that look with the tape, I haven't really tried much nail art yet but i always get inspired when I visit your blog :) The dark purple is really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D I'm glad you're inspired. I hope to see some of your art soon!

      Delete
  4. I love sketch-y! I like that it is so chameleon like. I think the combo is fantastic. I love the designs too. You are my nail hero!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!