Monday, November 18, 2013

Essence: Cool Breeze

I found myself putting off Cool Breeze trying to figure out a good base color for it. I nearly skipped over My Little Kimono because of the shimmer, but I think the two work really well together.



....okay, not so much in that picture. lol Cool Breeze is a sheer base with small and tiny iridescent hex glitters. So when the sun hits them like that... they kinda wash out. To the shadow!



That's more like it. :) The formula was a little thicker than it needed to be, but it wasn't difficult to work with. This is one coat of Cool Breeze over two of My Little Kimono.



I also added topcoat. Since the base was so thick the glitters had that weird sunken effect without it. You can see it in the top picture still. Not overly exciting, but very pretty in an understated kind of way. I could see using it as 'faux snow' for nail art.

I decided on neon last night. Shortly before Sandy popped up wanting to see glow in the dark or texture. It'll work out, though. Neon should make a nice bright base for the glow polish and I can compare the two I have out (three if Ghoulish Glow comes in today) and then post the neons Wednesday. Did I say "neons" plural? Yes, I did. lol I really couldn't decide. hehehe Hope everyone's week is off to a great start! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. I love this topper :) But I only use it over dark base polish or it bearly shows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda like the subtlety. :) It is very pretty. I'll try it over something darker next time.

      Delete
  2. yay for neons and glow in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how subtle this is, very pretty mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think kiko has something similar. I like how subtle it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of vanessa from Julep, which I think looks best over a deep blue or a black, but your combo is a lot more sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I'm definitely trying it over something darker next time. lol

      Delete
  6. I love how understated it is. Like for a nice formal event (not that I go to those...lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Not that I do either, but it's nice to know I have something for my nails that would be appropriate. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!