Friday, November 29, 2013

China Glaze: Itty, Bitty & Gritty

Ooooof *falls on the floor* Hi, everybody! After nearly a week of sleeping roughly 2-4 hours a night I finally managed about eight! Three last night and then five today.... ooooops. Anyway, I've (more or less) stopped neurotically cashing out my Swagbucks (saving for a new desktop this time!) for amazon cards, but I've still managed a few here and there from other online earning. Which is awesome because it's helping me whittle down my amazon (polish) wishlist. Greatest achievement so far? Finishing off my collection of China Glaze Textures! I've had Snow One Like You waiting for "after Thanksgiving". I was going to wait until winter, but since I had to scrape the frost off of my windshield this morning I may swatch it earlier. Bump & Grind is on its way (as is Unpredictable!) and today I have Itty, Bitty & Gritty. Not the most traditional Thankgiving Day mani ever, but after seeing this on their facebook page:



I was going to be wearing China Glaze. LOL Itty, Bitty & Gritty was just sitting here begging and pleading to be worn and who am I to argue with polish?



Two coats, fast drying, gorgeous bright coral texture. Oh... small tip... While wearing textured polish it's not the best idea to go out of the house without cleaning up first. *looks away innocently* Normally it doesn't bother me having to run out with a little mess, but the texture makes it look like a train wreck.



Ignore my oddly colored finger. The sun was setting. :p The polish color is pretty spot on, though, and that's what matters. So excited to be nearly complete with these. I hope they put out one for Valentine's Day with little hearts. And a bright emerald green for St Paddy's Day. Keep it up China Glaze! Ignore the haters!!! hehehehe

Speaking of texture: Julep had their Black Friday sale. Lots of polish on sale that I couldn't fully explore because I neglected getting to the bank. >_< They did, however, have three or four $1 polishes and lo and behold! one of them was Kai. One of their sea salt texture polishes that I never got to try because, as far as I know, they never featured them in a maven box. Bad Julep! I may be wrong and just suppressing a bad memory of brokeness, but whatever. lol I'm finally getting one and that is cause for celebration! Norma also snagged Kai so you can look forward to another tag team post for it!

Nearly time to feed the kitties. As well as ourselves. lol Hope everyone has had a phenomenal week. Y'all stay safe and warm out there! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. YES! Go Team Venture! (^_^)/ \(^_^)

      Delete
  2. I bought kai a couple months ago but I think I'ma give it to a friend, when I saw it in person it was just too light to my liking! But I look forward to a team post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it was just the color that didn't agree with you, right? Hope you didn't have any issues with the formula. I can't remember now if you posted it or not.... >_>

      Delete
    2. No I never tried it, I think it was an impulse buy, 3$ or something around there and when I got it it just didn't appeal to me anymore so I added it to my "give to friend stash" lol

      Delete
    3. Ah lol That makes sense. ;)

      Delete
  3. i thought about kai but since i am a bad girl and have no brown polish i went for Fiore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good choice. :) I hope you like it!

      Delete
  4. I grabbed Sylvia from the $1 polishes, looks so pretty!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That polish is awesome!! I keep looking at textured, but was afraid to try it. Winter is not the best time for my nails. I break them on everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw :( I'll try to remind you come spring. You absolutely have to try it at least once!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!