Saturday, November 2, 2013

China Glaze: Crushed Candy

Hey everybody! Got an oldie but a goodie today! Okay, not that old. I believe this collection came out Spring 2011? But as quickly as nail trends come and go it feels like forever. I thought I had grabbed all of the China Glaze crackles when they were sitting lonely in the clearance bin at Sally's, but apparently a couple had been bought up so the ones I don't have yet are sitting on my amazon wishlist waiting for me. Since I had a few bucks leftover after my tablet, I went ahead and treated myself to Crushed Candy.



*love* This is one mediumish coat (since that's apparently all I'm capable of...) over Cygnus Loop. I can't get over how bright this is. So pretty. It was a little gloopy (but still worked!) so I'll probably need to thin it next time. Oh, there will be a next time. hehehe



So pretty. I wish I still had it on so I could look at it more.

I'm feelin'... something... I think I'm going to go with it and attempt a full braid (fishtail) mani with three of these essence Be Loud polishes. I don't know why I'm telling you this since it may not come up for a while. Starting to develop backlog... >_> And a bit of guilt. gin shivers offered to get the Rockin' Royals collection for me, but I really can't afford another swap right now. *sigh* Even for pretties as gorgeous as those... Fighting the urge to hide in the cushion fort until January. lol

Hope everyone is doing great out there. Stay safe and take care of yourselves! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. Ahhh I remember when OPI shatter came out and how big it was. I feel like some polish trends died too quickly, shatter, magnetic....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do! It's up to those of us who still love them to keep them alive. Even if they aren't "trendy".

      Delete
  2. I love a good crackle polish and that is a lovely shade of blue. I agree with you, very pretty to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me intrigued with the full braid mani. I love the color combo of the crackle. I always love me a good crackle (when it crackles good).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! *high fives* Crackle is awesome. I did a braid once before, but only attempted on nail. lol It's pretty easy since you're using the regular polish brush and not a bunch of special tools. I think you'll like it. ^_^ Did a test nail and the colors work really well together.

      Delete
  4. this is a lovely shade of blue but I'm not big on crackles, I have one and that's my limit I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol It's not for everybody, I guess. ;) Although I have converted a couple of people... lol

      Delete
  5. I really like this crackle colour. Never seen one pale blue crakle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the palest I've seen. I often wonder how many cool colors we miss out on because of how quickly people 'get over' 'trends'. >_>

      Delete

I love hearing from you!