Friday, November 8, 2013

Blurple Hairs

This one's for you, Karen! ;)

The last time I used permanent dye on my hair was a long long time ago. It was red. I haven't properly dyed or bleached my hair since I'm trying to let it grow out. I did grab some semi-permanent purple back in September and that ended up more red-purple than I had hoped. So this time I grabbed the Splat blue (Blue Envy) hoping for a more straight purple and ended up with a dark blurple.



That's the short of it; if you've got the time I did have kind of an interesting day today.

Woke up early and went to the bank to have the block removed from my debit card. There was a purchase that got flagged as "possibly fraudulent" so I had to go and say "yeah, I did that". *rolls eyes* Everyone was very nice and helpful and it took maybe 20 minutes to get everything cleared up. Even though this is the crazy person I stepped out of the house looking like:



So I came back home and confirmed that my debit card was working again and then this happened:



OMG! So I had to run back to the bank to make a deposit because no way in hell am I missing out on the matte velvets. My pre-order is in and, yeah, I'm getting all four. Even the red one. I have lusted after those colors for over a year. With that taken care of I finally got around to straightening my hair for pictures.



Uhm... oops. hehehe Run back in the room to grab the scissors and trim up my bangs a bit. That's always a hassle because I want them a certain way and it's so hard to get the angles and... face-framing parts all even and looking right. And then this happens:



*pffft* This was just from running my fingers over my hair while straightening it. That's why I was so happy when the Garnier argan oil didn't turn my hands blue. Because that can happen with this semi-permanent stuff. Can and did. Quick wash my hands, throw on some makeup, clip in some electric blue highlight extensions and voila.



*big cheesy grin* That gold on my chest is a Star Trek communicator pin Aaron got for my birthday... and gave to me early because he couldn't contain himself. ^_^ I love it!! I don't generally wear pins, but this one I'm wearing. All. The. Time. Even on my pajamas until I go to bed.

Tomorrow I'm going to review some stickers from Born Pretty Store (I actually got a compliment on them while I was out and about today) so come on back! Y'all take care out there and have a great weekend. (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. You trimmed your bangs pretty nicely!
    And that's a nice pin, so sweet of Aaron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^_^ hehehe He really is a sweetheart.

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks great! I have to agree with Jasmine, nice trimming job on your bangs. If I tried to cut myself some bangs it would be a hot mess LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LOL I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad. ;)

      Delete
  3. I think purple hair looks great on you. I painted my one red a few year ago but got lazy of having to touch up the roots every month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D Yeah, touch ups can be a pain. I guess that's where I'm lucky having crazy hair that doesn't sit flat. Roots aren't quite as noticeable.

      Delete
  4. Love it! (The hair, not the purple hands part.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color. I can do semi permanent (I will even deal with the dyed hands part...lol). I have a hard time committing to anything permanent...lol. I am still trying to get all the color out of mine from 3 years ago (and still have long hair). Kudos to you for trimming your own bangs. Last time I tried, it wasn't pretty...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only thing I don't like about semi-permanent is if I really like it I have to keep re-doing it. I really wish someone would put out permanent versions of the rainbow colors.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!