Thursday, November 14, 2013

Birthday Present ^_^

hehehe She's probably going to want to throttle me for sharing these, but since she's all the way up in Ohio... I think I'm safe. lol My long-time friend Sandy said she'd do her nails for my birthday and here it is!





So cool! That wasn't actually her first idea, though. She went all out and tried the braid mani! I can't imagine how hard that must've been just getting the time to sit down and try. ^_^



She thinks it's a FAIL. I think it looks pretty good, all things considered. Also, it's got green!! :D I love it. So thoughtful!

So I didn't get a Helmer. Yet. It's been so cold here lately I decided to buy us a giant comforter instead. As much as polish may keep me warm on a cold night metaphorically; the comforter will do so literally. lol Sadly while we were at Goodwill I ended up snapping off a chunk of nail so they're all nubby (and naked!) again. I suppose it was time... I also buffed them a bit (didn't need much, I guess my ridges really are diminishing) and showed them a little TLC with various creams and liniments.... *snickers* Oh! Quick Tip: I noticed a few cuticle oils have the argan oil in them, so if you're using it for your hair feel free to make it do double duty and rub the stuff that gets on your hands into your nails/cuticles.

Time to go check the dishwasher. Hope everyone's having a terrific week! (^_^)"/"

11 comments:

  1. i did the green just for you! i was gonna use a different green but it was a nail art brush so the lines came out super tiny...which would be ok if i did it with ALL nail art brushes...but with big ones and little ones...did not look cool! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! That's a great idea!!! I bet that would make a really cool effect using all skinny brushes.

      Delete
  2. Wow that is so sweet of your friend, for a newbie she is pretty darn good, that braid design looks hard to do, which is why I will never attempt that.
    Too bad you didn't get the helmer but you got your priorities right, a comforter is more practical. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally forgot to say happy birthday!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

      Delete
    2. She is! It makes me so happy when she tries. lol Yeah, always the responsible one. ;) Thank you!!!

      Delete
  3. I like the combination of colours great present :) and Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D hehehe Yeah, she did good. Definitely better than I am at color matching. lol

      Delete
  4. Are the oils what get rid of ridges? I have bad ridges on my thumbs. I read somewhere that it was due to lack of moisture, I have been trying to moisturize more lately. Especially in the cold winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure what causes them or what gets rid of them. The Julep cuticle serum claimed it could get rid of ridges, but it could just as easily have been the buffing. Or the Sally Hansen VitaSurge. Or a diet change. *shrugs* I have a hard time developing good habits so everything I've done has been pretty sporadic. lol

      Delete
  5. Yea, the braid.. I really want to try it.. At least as an accent nail, but for some reason the whole thing dumbfounds me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks a lot more difficult than it is. If you can braid hair, you can braid polish. ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!