Saturday, October 12, 2013

Spooky Sunset Mani

Hello darlings! :D I saw this mani on PlasmaSpeedo's YouTube... last year? I think. I caught another version last week and it made me want to do it all over again. Since I haven't yet I figured "no time like the present". Was a little afraid I wouldn't want to because of the heat, but it's amazing what you can accomplish when you don't think too much about it. LOL So here's my version of the spooky sunset.



Things didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted, but I'll get to that in a minute. Overall I'm really happy. I love the colors. These colors!



Bizarre Blurple, Kaylen, Solar Power, Jet Black and... the essence glow which isn't really featured. >_> I took this picture before my glow-failure was evident. For the house I used:



Bundle Monster plate BM-224.



Which partially worked. We have a fan going and I had a hard time timing my stamping. Anyway, I started out with a white base. Sponged with Bizarre Blurple, Kaylen and Solar Power. That part worked out great. Even the freehand trees I added with Jet Black didn't turn out too badly. Look at this guy that's all split in half.



Spooky! hehehe Now... what I wanted to do was stamp some ghosts and a moon in the glow in the dark polish, but it dried way too quickly. Shoulda grabbed the blue... anyway, yeah, it dried right in the tray. Couldn't get any on the stamper. I tried sponging on some creepy glow in the dark fog, but in my efforts to not overdo it... I way under did it and it didn't show up. :p Yay me. Right hand!



Trees came out a little more wonky, but it kind of reminds me of those trees with the spanish moss hanging on them? So that's not so bad. I love the brightness of the orange and yellow in the middle of the dark blurple and black. :)

Sounds like his mom found an old a/c unit for us. Yay! One thing to cross off the list. And hopefully I'll be able to stop dropping ice cubes in the fish tank. Poor fishies. With luck I'll have some ultra special goodies to share with y'all tomorrow! *SQUEE* So excited. Hope everyone's having a great weekend! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. Love. It! ERMAGAWD you FREEHANDED those trees? *bows to Lizzy*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushes* Yeah, I did. ^_^ Little more practice I just might be able to pull off cherry blossoms one of these days. lol

      Delete
  2. Lizzy, that is gorgeous!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D Glad you like it.

      Delete
  4. You are a nail master!! I bow down to your nail masterpieces. Fantastic work!! I love them.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!