Monday, October 14, 2013

Polish Yer Hooves: Blue Mooon & Greener Pastures

Hi guys!! Sorry I didn't get this up yesterday. It's been really stormy and I was waiting for a break in the clouds... it never came! Okay, so I've been getting to know Leigh Anne who makes Polish Yer Hooves. She is an absolute delight and so creative. I first caught her call for bloggers on facebook and you know I don't generally go for indies, but come on! Polish Yer Hooves! It cracks me up and I could not resist putting in an application.

I also couldn't resist ordering her polish called Attack Of The Zombie Cows. With it she sent four mini bottles of her new Star Grazers holo glitter line for me to review and share with you guys! OMG How cute is this:



hehehe I love when a person is willing to really run with a theme.



Left to Right: Purple Cow, Divine Bovine, Blue Mooon and Greener Pastures.

First up I have Blue Mooon*. Leigh Anne mentioned that it was a bit gritty so I added topcoat to my ring and index fingers. Personally, I like it "gritty". Reminds me so much of the PixieDusts!



...told ya we didn't have any sun. The formula on this is immaculate. Two coats, super fast dry time. If you don't like the texture, it only takes one layer of topcoat to smooth everything out.



Love the logo, love the cowprint on the handle, love love love.



I am definitely buying a full size bottle (which you can find here... no, I'm not commissioned) as soon as my budget allows.

Greener Pastures* I did have some difficulty with. I got up to four coats before deciding it would work much better as a sparkly topcoat.



Even with four coats I did not have any dry time issues. It did feel slightly tacky for a while, but I didn't end up with any smudging or sheet/hair marks.



Application was smooth, and you can see it's not as textury as Blue Mooon. Didn't even really need topcoat, but I added it on my ring and index finger so you could see how that looks. And it does sparkle!



See? Just as soon as the sun comes back I'll layer this over a few colors to give you a better idea of how pretty it really can be. Greener Pastures is not yet available in her Etsy shop, but it should be coming soon. She has a whole nail wheel of holos that she's going to be releasing!

Tomorrow I'm going to swatch Attack Of The Zombie Cows to give Mr Sunshine a chance to quit being shy. Really looking forward to it, too, since I ordered it sandalwood scented. ^_^ Yeah! You can do that. It looks a bit sheer as well so I'm going to layer it over black and silver for you. Then Wednesday I should be back with Divine Bovine and Purple Cow. With luck the sun will hold and Thursday I'll re-swatch at least Greener Pastures. Friday (assuming the sun is out) I'll redo Blue Mooon. It's the week of the cow, people! You know I love it. LOL Hope everyone had a great weekend. Or is still having a great extended weekend. Y'all take care! (^_^)"/"


*These polishes were provided free for honest review. I was not compensated for my opinion, nor is this post otherwise sponsored.

15 comments:

  1. I'm working on a better coverage for Greener Pastures!! It's a bit sheer for me too! More Glitter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More glitter! "\"(^_^)"/" Couldn't hurt, right? I've got a ton of green creams I can try it over in the meantime. :)

      Delete
    2. You can never have too much glitter!! lol

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too! :D Can't wait to see it really sparkle in the sunshine.

      Delete
  3. Cutest name ever for nail polish! I love that the names of the polish go with the theme of her company. Blue Mooon is really pretty! Can't wait to see them swatched in the sun, especially Greener Pastures with all that glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it adorable? lol I love it! ^_^ I just can't believe we've gone so long without sun. >_> Figures. lol

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty? ^_^ Totally reminds me of a more sparkly PixieDust.

      Delete
  5. Ahh Lizzie- THANK YOU for dropping by my blog as often as you do. I always appreciate your comments even if I dont tell you that enough xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah darlin' *hugs* I feel the love even if it goes unsaid. ^_^ You're such a sweet person and I sincerely hope things get better for you soon.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Aren't they? ^_^ Glad you like 'em.

      Delete
  7. I love the names, and the themes. I love gritty polishes. That is totally fantabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I love it, too. Practically frothing waiting for my swagbucks cashout to go through so I can get more!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!