Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Polish Yer Hooves: Attack Of The Zombie Cows

MUAHAHAHAHA! Love it. Yeah, I'm a little late today. Started off getting Aaron's ID renewed, ran to Temple for pizza and latex, and when I got home my tablet was here waiting for me. So I've been working on getting that set up! \(^_^)/ All the while gazing at the amazing glitter combo in Attack Of The Zombie Cows!



We've got a sheer black base with small red, medium and teensy silver and medium yellow-green hex glitter. (I think I spied a black hex in there, too, but it was on one of the black nails so that could be my imagination...) It was the yellow-green glitters that made me fall in love at first sight. It's my favorite color right there as a glitter!! Had to have it.



I did alternating bases of Icicle and Onyx Rush, then applied two coats of Attack Of The Killer Zombies. (and a layer of topcoat before bed, more out of habit than any actual need) The base is pretty sheer (I have it naked in just a second), but it did darken up the silver noticeably. Super smooth formula, super quick dry time. If you recall I added a scent to this and it did not adversely affect the polish in any way.



Also I'd like to point out that I did not fish for glitter or meticulously place it on my nails. This is simple dunk and swipe application and the glitters spread themselves out very nicely. Each finger receiving at least two of the yellow-green glitters. The silver ones are a bit more rare but *pffft* whatever, it was the yellow-green I bought it for.



That is also two coats. No phantom dirt line or any other funny business. I quite like it without undies. I also think it would look good over a variety of base colors. Greens, yellows, reds, grays... I want to try this over a few of my "hideous" creams. lol

As for the scent, I chose sandalwood. The scent is noticeable without being overpowering. Even after topcoat I could still smell it. Even now after almost 24 hours it's faint, but there. Very pleasant. You can get your own bottle of Attack Of The Zombie Cows from the Polish Yer Hooves etsy shop. I can't recommend this one enough. Perfect for Halloween.

Another day of clouds and rain. According to the weather channel tomorrow should start clearing up. It better! We're continuing on with the Week of the Cow regardless! Divine Bovine and Purple Cow! LOL!!! I love it. Hope everyone's having a great week. Y'all come on back to see more of these stunning Star Grazers!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, that second picture is stunning. I love it over the black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. ^_^ Thanks for popping by.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It does pop, doesn't it? I think it's my new favorite glitter.

      Delete
  3. this is really cool! what a neat polish and i love that you didn't have to fish for glitters, super impressed. I also love it over black!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty surprised by that. And it wasn't gloopy either. Perfect glitter suspension. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm surprised that I did, too. It makes sense with the whole zombie vibe.

      Delete
  5. Good one, love it!
    I'm doing my teddy decal stickers tomorrow? ;) When you doing yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I can't wait to see how it turns out! I'll be doing mine just as soon as the Week Of The Cow is over. lol Just going to have to make them somehow Halloween related... possibly cute little demon bears? lol

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I like it, too. Kinda wish I had gone with grey... the metallic kind of washes out some of the glitter. >_>

      Delete
  7. I am in love with this polish. I love a good sparkle. I love that you can add a scent to it. I am headed her way now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! ^_^ You are going to ADORE it in person!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!