Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Julep: Cleopatra

Hey everybody! Ready for Halloween?! I'm... not. I have to finish my costume tonight. lol Just a couple of seams to sew, but still. I really should get on that. Today I've got Cleopatra from Julep's October box. I don't think I even debated getting this one. Black matte. Yes, black matte. Sure I have bottles of matte topcoat I could just put over black, but I had to see if a black-matte-on-purpose polish looked different than a shiny black made matte.



This is two mediumish coats. Super fast dry time. You have to be quick and careful with this one. Still- Totally worth it. And here's why:



That is two coats of shiny black polish (Maybelline: Onyx Rush, it's the quickest one to get to so I use it a lot) with matte topcoat. You see that oily-rainbow sheen when the light hits it? Cleopatra has none of that.



See? It may not seem like a big deal to some, but for polish-aholics it's a good enough reason to buy matte polish and save the matte topcoat for other things. Like glitters and flakies. ;)

Don't know for sure if I'll post tomorrow. It's Halloween and our 13 year anniversary and we've got a ton of stuff lined up. Going to be a busy busy day. If I don't see you, everybody take care and be safe (keep your furbabies indoors, please!) and have a super fun Happy Halloween!!! (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. I love matte polish. I have a gray that I am in love with. Happy Anniversary!!! And Happy Halloween! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh! What is the gray? Hope y'all had a Happy Halloween!!! *HUGS*

      Delete
    2. We did! My gray is from Avon. I'm not sure if they even have it anymore. I have a problem with their polish brushes being extremely thin. They kind of piss me off. haha.

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah. Thin I don't mind, but too thin is a problem. Have you gotten any new avon polishes lately? I seem to recall the ones I have are fairly normal sized brushes.

      Delete
  2. I don't see myself getting a lot of use from this polish, though it really looks latex-y!
    Happy anniversary and happy halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I will either, but I love the look of it. I'm sure it will pop up again. ;) Thanks! Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  3. I like matte polish, but I have a hard time just wearing black and nothing else on my nails :/
    Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually, but I love the look of it from time to time. Probably high school nostalgia when we were all angsty. :p Thanks!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!