Friday, October 4, 2013

ILNP: Mutagen Pt 2 (Norma's Review!)

I seriously thought I was going to get this posted earlier since she had it ready for me by the time I woke up, but... long, busy day so far. >_> I now present Norma's review for Mutagen!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


@_@ Oh. My. Gawd!! I’m tempted to leave that as my review and let the pics doing the talking but…that would just be too lazy hehe.

*pant, gasp* okay so Mutagen by I Love Nail Polish as Lizzy already said is an Ultra Chrome. I’ve only ever gotten ‘multi chrome’ polishes before and even then the polishes rarely live up to the hype so…while I saw swatches of this collection online and was blown away I guess I didn’t really believe they could be *that* amazing.

BOY WAS I WRONG!



This polish isn’t just amazing. I’m telling you if I could only own one green polish for the rest of my life, it’d be it and I would NOT be sorry (well I can’t really say Mutagen is a green polish. More on that later.) Considering my polish collection is over 200 that’s saying something!



Okay *phew* so on to what I’m wearing. The main mani is Mutagen (obviously hehe!) and the accent nail is In a Flurry by Sally Hansen with Fairy Dust by Elf layered over the top. I thought ‘oh Mutagen (which Lizzy and I have lovingly nicknamed Mutie hehe) is a green polish. A black glittery accent nail would make a cute Halloween theme!



Wrong! That was mistake number one! Mutagen is SO EPIC that mere mortal polishes can’t compare! I consider the accent nail a total fail not because it doesn’t look cute by itself but…really? Did I REALLY think it could hold a candle to Mutagen? Well I sure was wrong!



Also, mistake number two was thinking Mutie was green. It isn’t. It flashes from green to gold to some cool colour in between to pink to purple to blue. And often one nail will be two even THREE colours at the same time! DUDE FOR REAL THREE COLOURS ON ONE NAIL AT THE SAME TIME! It’s a wonder I didn’t trip and fall flat on my face staring at my nails while I was out on my walk.



*ahem* sorry I’m seriously having trouble controlling myself here.



What you see in my pics is four coats of Mutagen. I started off with one coat of Orly Bonder which dried quickly. Then I did a thin coat of Mutagen. It was super sheer (but buildable!) and that first coat dried fast. Then I did two more coats making sure to wait five min in between all of the coats. So by then I was up to three coats of polish. I wanted to give this mani plenty of time to dry so I went on my evening walk and came back a half hour later and I could tell by how tacky the polishes were that they were ‘dry’ to the touch but would be easily dentable. Annnd of course while trying to put a final coat on to make sure there were no bald spots, I knocked over my polish lamp and got a slight ding at the tip of my thumb. It was nothing really but of course I had a mini melt down and almost shrilled MUTIEEeeeee lol! Anyway so yes after three coats even a half hour later the nails were still dentable. I did one more coat of Mutagen, waited ten minutes and then covered everything up with China Glaze Fast Forward.



The top coat made things look even better (if that was possible!). Other than the sheerness and slow dry time I had no issues with Mutie and only got a verrrry slight chip at the edge of my thumb after getting out of the shower today – not bad considering I type for a living. When (‘cause there is no ‘if’ you MUST get this polish!) you get this polish I recommend being smart like Lizzy and using black as underwear. It’ll save on the layers, cut down on the dry time and also most importantly help you preserve polish! These are 12 ml and while this polish is totally worth it, at 15 a bottle you want to preserve as much as you can!



‘But Norma and Lizzy, is this polish ‘really’ that amazing’, you may ask. Okay wait for a moment while Lizzy and I stop laughing uncontrollably at such a funny question :) Not just yes but HELLZ YEAH it is! We *both* considered getting back up bottles of this baby after wearing it and not only do I not buy back up bottles (despite feeling tempted sometimes), I definitely don’t get backup bottles of $15 polishes!



Seriously, I can’t say enough about this polish and I hope Miss Lizzy gets the other three so we can tag team that post too ^u^. And now, back to my regularly scheduled finger ogling! OOohhh…Mutie is sooooo prettttyyy…. @_@

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Yay! *applause* Thanks Norma. ^_^ If anybody else is as excited as we are for Mutagen you can purchase it from the ILNP website. No, not commissioned. Just super jacked! I will be getting the other three.

Still not ready to remove Mutagen so I'll probably be back with some stamping over it tomorrow. Then it's back to swatching! I got the replacement bottle of Bump In The Night (yay for head2toebeauty's quick response!) and my Julep box came in as well. So now I'm back up to ten untrieds with even more on the way. o_O From the colors I have it shouldn't be difficult to stay within the realm of Halloween.

Now, if you'll excuse me, the landlord is on his way for the rent and to check out the window. >_> I'm going to go ahead and freak out 'til the ordeal is over. Hope everyone has a great week! (^_^)"/"

11 comments:

  1. Omg I see Norma's crazy nail polish collection in the backgroup :OO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that awesome! @_@ My poor pretties are all hidden away and she's got that nice shelf there.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha!! And my hand is blocking out most of that rack - it's huge! Tee hee. Crazy polish ladies unite! @_@

      Delete
    3. Lizzy - hubz made that for me out of an old drawer they were going to throw out at work! If you have any old drawers you should totally make a rack :D

      Delete
    4. OMG! That's so creative! I don't know if I'd trust these walls to hold up my polish, though..... >_> Definitely on the 'to-do' list once we buy a proper house.

      Delete
    5. Hehe :) Peeps at work were like 'what do you want that for' and I was like 'a polish rack' and they were like o_O LOLOL!! But yeah that, then the little rails we just got from Walmart I think. I washed it and varnished it and Drew cut it to size and fixed it up all nice. Took about two or three days and voila!

      Aww...I hope you get a proper house soon. You deserve to live in a place you're happier in :(

      Delete
    6. *hugs* Thanks doll. It probably won't be "soon", but it will happen. :) That really is the most awesome polish rack. ^_^ Way cool.

      Delete
  2. Nail polish collection keeps growing have to do a clear out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More power to ya. I keep thinking I should, but then what if I want to wear that color again?! O_O

      Delete
  3. That nail polish collection is spectacular. It puts my 15 bottles to shame...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Don't worry, perhaps one day the craziness will catch you and you can be a total hoarder, too. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!