Friday, October 11, 2013

Essence: Here's My Number +Amazing Swap!

Hiyee!! :D Hope everyone is well. Today I am absolutely overjoyed to be able to share one of the essence "Sparkle Sand Effect" polishes. Well, sort of.



This one is called Here's My Number. A dark grey (almost black) texture with green, blue, purple and gold glitters (and silver sparkles) that kind of remind me of Androgynie.



Gorgeous! The problem was with the formula. To be fair, it's really hot and humid in here since we haven't replaced the air conditioner yet, so that could have played a part. I did need three coats for opacity and a couple of fingers got four because it tricked me into thinking it was dry, but the inside was still smooshy. Definitely have to take care to make sure each coat is fully dry before moving on with this one.



This particular texture is kind of a halfway between the bumpy cream kind and the "sandpaper" glitter kind. Very light on the texture so if you're still wary this one can give you the look without so much of the feel.

Now the swap! I hope it's not bad form to post this since she hasn't received hers yet. >_> I'm just too excited!! Y'all know how much I love essence. I started chatting with Gin Shivers on facebook and she offered to grab some of the overseas exclusive ones for me! She has a handy link to her wishlist at the top of her blog, including a list of easy to find (for her) polishes she's willing to grab in exchange. China Glaze? Zoya? Fergie? I can do that! Since I was also able to nab a couple of the Disney villain nail art kits for her I ended up with quite an impressive haul.



*dies* You can find the names on my Collection Page. lol She also sent some stickers and found two fabulous and (as far as I could tell from their website) ultra exclusive LE essence stamping plates!



Gin Shivers is an absolutely amazing and super friendly swap buddy. Soon as I have the money for more of her lemmings I'll be getting some more essence for myself. ;)

Time to grab lunch! I'll leave you with this pic of my furbaby Onyx who manages to squeeze into this old Sephora box than anybody would swear was too small for her...



Take care and enjoy your weekend!! (^_^)"/"

14 comments:

  1. i would say she looks like the original Grumpy cat but we all know that was Bandit! lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, all her grumpy is cuz Bandit tried to eat her. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness--all that Essence makes me want to grab it right through my computer screen! Textured Colour & Go, especially--I want that. I don't love the three coats idea since most textures don't need that many but I'd live it with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! *protects polishes* I'm probably going to re-swatch it after we get a new a/c unit. Just in case the problems I had were from the humidity. I think I'm most excited about the Be Loud polishes. ^_^ And the glow in the dark! If that makes its way over here I'd recommend it for everybody!

      Delete
  3. Oh I like Here's My Number! What a great swap haul you got there! Your kitty is adorable, mine love boxes too. If they can squeeze in them, they will LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah... cats and boxes... Always good for a laugh. ;) lol

      Delete
  4. Wow, great swap, I am liking that glitter in clear base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. ^_^ Which one? The one in the middle row on the far right looks like one of the china glaze glitters. Going to need to research and see what kind of base it looks best over.

      Delete
  5. What a great swap. cats really love boxes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^_^ *fingers crossed* she gets her package soon. lol Yes... they really do... LOL We've got empty boxes all over the place for them.

      Delete
  6. Hehe @ Onyx! @_@ DUDE THAT HAUL IS DROOL-WORTHY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Right? I can hardly wait to start getting in to it!!! If only the colors were a little more Halloweeny.... lol

      Delete
  7. NIce haul and what a fun idea. I love the kitty!!! He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Onyx is a "she". ;) No worries. She's technically an "it" since we got her fixed anyway >_>

      Delete

I love hearing from you!