Saturday, October 5, 2013

China Glaze: Bump In The Night (+Nail Mail!)

Hey, everybody!! "\"(^_^)"/" (that's me, flailing my arms around lol) I am loving Bump In The Night!! I saw swatches before I ordered it and I thought, "How cool, that kinda looks like wet tar!" which is great for Halloween. Not to mention that black polish is so chic by itself.



Two coats, quick dry time. Simple cream black texture. I know it looks kind of sparkly in the pictures, but that's just the camera picking up sun glints. It is very pigmented so cleanup was a little frustrating (sloshing diluted black paint all over the place), but so worth it. I know Julep uses it, but this is "classic with a twist" to me.



At Norma's insistence I'll be recreating my glitter lips look to go with Bump In The Night. Just need to take the time tonight when it cools down a bit to straighten my hair. lol

YES! Two of the packages I was waiting for came in! Starting with Julep! It's been a while since I've gotten a Maven box and there have been some changes. The first thing I noticed was that the add-ons were shipped in the same box as the Maven polishes! YES! Less waste! The second was that they're following suit with some other brands (Illamasqua and ILNP to my knowledge) and put their polishes in little boxes...



Norma and I discussed this at length and while it is using more cardboard... it is recyclable.


So excited for all six of my polishes. Which, if anybody's curious, after applying my Jules worked out to $2.48/bottle. ^_^

I also finally received my Nail Art Society... box this time! I was so confused since it had been coming in a padded envelope.



We got a card with ideas for the items, and a card with Jessica's new collection... of which we got none.



We got some stickers and rhinestones.



Some gold & silver metal flake and Jessica polish in Cinnamon Kiss. yay red? I'll figure out something to do with it.

Not totally wowed with it, but it could be worse. I am interested in trying out the metal flake bits.

Okay, this has taken entirely too long to get typed up. Stupid real life getting in the way of my e-life. *shakes fist* lol Hope everyone is doing great and has a fantastic weekend! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. I think the cardboard is just as much of a wast as the plastic shrink wrap, why do we need a packaging for nail polish anyways??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea. I guess if they have to do something to protect it in transit it may as well be recyclable? I don't know that I've ever seen polish in a box in the store. Except for multi-packs.

      Delete
  2. Love the China Glaze polish! The Nail Art Society box looks like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! ^_^ Yeah, I have no idea what I'm going to do with any of it, but it should be fun to experiment. lol

      Delete
  3. The china glaze polish looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? :D So glad they didn't let all of the naysayers on facebook keep them from including it for Halloween. ^_^

      Delete
  4. Aww yeah bump in the night looks fantastic! Also while I didn't totally love the idea of boxes for polish, it's better than Styrofoam peanuts and Julep has the little anti-cruelty bunny. How can I not love them?? Oh yes and before I forget - If my box ever gets here *grumble* I ordered Casper, Winona, Anisa, Ciara and Beatrix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I've got Casper, Ciara and Beatrix set aside waiting! ^_^ And, yeah, anything is better than styrofoam... >_>

      Delete
  5. I love Bump in the Night! Is it bumpy or does it just appear that way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bumpy. :) Some people find that off-putting, but I love it. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!