Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Zoya: Tomoko & Norma's Glitter/Flakie Combo

Norma and I decided to build a couch cushion fort, so y'all just gather around the entrance here and make yourselves comfy. ^_^ Yeah, I'm not leaving until this whole ticket thing is done and I need her to stroke my hair. *grabs onto Norma* We've got some bean bag chairs over there and blankets in the corner, pillows, some stuffed animals... Grab whatever takes your fancy because we have got some pretties to show you!

Starting with three coats of Tomoko! I have to say, the formula impressed me. I was already pre-impressed with the other PixieDusts, but this one was smooth, liquid, applied just like regular polish! It is a tad sheer, but three coats, texture and sparklies totally disguise any possibility of VNL.



For a second I was afraid Tomoko was going to be too similar to Solitaire, but Tomoko has a personality all her own. What we have here is an antique off-white base with gold glitter that is classy and stunning. First close-up is in bright sunshine, second is when the sun went behind some clouds.





It reminds me of old ceramic figurines and pitchers/bowls/etc my great-grandmother had. ^_^ Absolutely loving this and already mulling over Halloween ideas.

Now Norma was playing around with some awesome combinations and stumbled across something absolutely share-worthy.



The blue is Sally Hansen Pacific Blue, over which she layered SH Pink Grapefruit and finished off with Nfu Oh 39! Glitter and flakies. To die for! Great job, Norma. ^_^



hehehe She got so excited that despite my and Jasmine's warnings about the formula... she had to go and purchase 40. I understand the compulsion. I want to get 37 and 57 before they're all gone.

So, just to keep y'all updated, apparently the legal services can't cover me since I'm married. *sigh* So it's paying the ticket and setting myself back on the tablet again. Not to mention all of the stuff we still have to get for Halloween. At least we started early this year. Not as early as some years, but hopefully early enough. In the meantime I'll keep doing what I do, Norma will keep doing what she does and y'all can keep doing what you do. We'll all keep our heads high and keep moving forward and everything will work out. Take care and have a great rest of the week! (^_^)"/" I'll be here tomorrow with... Let's say Cyberspace. Seems fitting.

24 comments:

  1. Hey Lizzy, thank you for pointing out the typo on my website, not nitpicky at all, just what i needed, a fresh set of eyes ! thank you again x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I bought glitter nail enamel last friday night- Sally Hansen I think, with green the predominant colour. Who would have thunk it , duh ? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! :D Sounds pretty. I love green! Do you think maybe you'll take pictures? ;)

      Delete
  3. And blankets! Don't forget - we've got plenty of blankets for everyone! *continues stroking Lizzy's hair* stoopid cop *grumble*

    OOH! I LOVE Tomoko on you!! So classy!
    Also *hides face* ACK! My dry ass cuticles!!! But yeah the combo is stunning. I'm not bored of it yet and I've been wearing it 3 days! Hehe what can I say? I'm a shameless polish aholic. 39 looks close enough to 40 that I'm hoping the formula isn't *that* much worse :? But yeah...the threat of all the Nfu Oh flakies being gone gone gone (!) made me all antsy n stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Blankets all around! *is soothed* :)

      Oh your cuticles aren't that bad. :p Nobody even noticed because OMG that combo is amazing!! That is a pretty big threat... I'm getting antsy just thinking about it... no. Must be strong. But what if... no... I.... *twitches*.... -_- Two weeks. If 37 and/or 57 are still there in two weeks I'll get them. Especially 57... helps that ninja polish only takes paypal and I don't have quite enough on OpinionOutpost (after my *ahem* bornprettystore purchases) to cover it. Unless I sit here doing surveys all night.... hrm... You are such a bad influence. ^_^ lol

      Delete
    2. True! hehehe I'm such a shameless enabler!! *twitches with Lizzy* stoopid companies yanking the good stuff from under us!

      Delete
    3. hehehe Yeah! It's all their fault(s)! Stoopid companies! *shakes fist*

      Delete
  4. ohh i want tomoko so badly ! really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! :D I'm so glad it didn't end up disappointing.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Isn't it beautiful? I wish I had thought to do that!

      Delete
  6. Oh that is one beautiful textured polish! And you can't ever go wrong with flakies, just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving the texture. I can't wait to try the orange one. ^_^ Flakies are great. I wish Zoya would put out more! I think theirs are my favorites so far.

      Delete
  7. Strange something is wrong with my computer. i can't see the pictures :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok after refreshing can see them already :) The zoya gold texture polish is amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *phew* Glad you could see them. I had that issue on my comp for a while and had to look at everything on the laptop. :/ Zoya just keeps blowing me away with these PixieDusts! I wonder if they're going to do more.

      Delete
  9. Lizzy, sorry to hear about your ticket troubles. :( At least you have pretty nails to distract you, right?

    Norma, your layering is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^_^ Yeah, gotta have pretty nails. Sometimes I think it's the only thing that gets me through the day. lol

      Delete
  10. I knew I would love PIxie Dust! So pretty! Sorry about the ticket. That sucks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! This one absolutely blew me away. ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!