Monday, September 2, 2013

Water Inspired Water Marble Pt 2

Spent a good hour or so last night going through Colette's water marble tutorials and I think I have another fun idea. Remember my super ugly stripe/splatter mani? Think like that. lol Except water marble. And with a slight color change-up.

So what did I do to this water marble? Well, I added two coats of Nubar White Polka Dot and some of these little clear blue 3D dot thingies.



So the White Polka Dot didn't really show up as well as I expected, but I didn't want anything to overpower the marbling either. Aaron noticed the doodads and said "I didn't know you added droplets. Aren't you fancy." lol



I stuck them into the topcoat and only lost a couple while we were out running errands. I was only going to do the one hand for pictures, but.... it was too cute to go half-assed.



*teehee* Sadly, this must come off. The more I look at it the more I notice the tipwear and polish bubbles and such. Trying to figure out which polish to wear for tomorrow. I wanted to try Tropical Heat, but it's really sheer so I have to pick something to pair it with. What to do what to do.... Think I'll go with Flirting Nails, see if shaking it up and applying it a bit more carefully somehow makes it matte like it's supposed to be? If not we'll see if matte topcoat does anything. It'll be fun! Right?

Uhm.... I guess that's it. Happy Labor Day! I'll see y'all tomorrow! (^_^)"/"

18 comments:

  1. adorable! this is a lot of work for taking it off so soon, if i did something this nice i think i'd wear it for a month :P

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol What can I say? I get bored quickly. ;)

      Delete
  2. :o woah I have never seen those 3d water dropplet stuff!!! from the thumbnail, I thought you just splashed some water on your hands!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! The effect was a success! :D I got them in one of my first Nail Art Society packets. No idea where they came from, but I'm sure you could find something similar on eBay or Born Pretty Store. They're like smooth rhinestones without the silver backing.

      Delete
  3. Haha, "aren't you fancy". You sure do look fancy! Love the droplets over that amazing water-water marble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe aren't I? lol Glad you like it. :D

      Delete
  4. Oh my god, those water droplet things are amazing! You are seriously good at water marbling. It's my ultimate nail nemesis, it hates me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank! ^_^ I wish I could travel around helping people with it. It's really not that difficult. I hope you'll give it another shot.

      Delete
  5. I love those bubbles!! At first I thought you were going all artistic and putting water droplets on everything. Those are really cool though. I agree, you can't go half assed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Glad you like it. ^_^ I have done water drops before (for a color changing polish) but I like that I could wear these around.

      Delete
  6. Looks great with the beads and glitter :) Have your albinos calm down already :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are a little calmer. Still a few random dashes across the tank, but they appear to be settling down. :)

      Delete
  7. :O looooove it! When I first looked I thought it was actual water droplets and you'd splashed them on just for the photos but that's such a good idea and really effective :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you. *bows* lol I'm glad I finally figured out something to do with them. ;)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Awesome! ^_^ Thank you so much. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!