Monday, September 16, 2013

Paint Dripped Wood

*pokes head out of cushion fort* My head hurts... *pouts* But I haz pretties!



So I was trolling around Polish-Aholics Anonymous on facebook and came across a really cute picture that looked absolutely doable considering my skill level. Here's the link to her blog post at Colors Frenzy. Pretty, right? She went a little more in-depth with her color choices than I was willing to, so that's part of why I went with the wood background instead of a flat color. I also wanted all of my 'paint' to sparkle! Here are the colors I used:



Perceval, Myrta, Holy Grail, Paper Chasing, Halley's Comet and Avalon. *drools* Little bit of drawing with my big-ended dotting tool and voila!





Not too bad. Would have liked the drips to look a bit more... drippy, but overall I'm happy with it. At least for the hour or so it has left because tomorrow is Chita! OMG speaking of; have you guys seen this?! Nabi. Textures. *dies* I simply must find these. I have a few possible leads, just need to go out and see if I can track them down. I also spotted some Nabi holographics that looked pretty amazing on eBay. Why is my Walgreens not getting these?! So frustrating. Anyway, tomorrow I'll have Chita and that should make us all a little happy. lol Hope everyone's week is off to a great start! (^_^)"/"

14 comments:

  1. Yay! Great job! Love the wood background! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it. ^_^ And thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. this is really cool! Chita looks amazing, but I hope you left this on your nails for more than one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Nope! Had to get to Chita ASAP and I'm SO glad I did! *dies* Gorgeous.

      Delete
  3. Coool, I always wanted to try the dripped goo sort of effect, I tried once but it didn't look that great :/
    Yea for Chita tomorrow ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is more difficult than it seems like it should be, huh?

      Delete
  4. Oh excellent, it looks like the fences are bleeding goo! Brilliant :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! hehehe That's an even better visual than what I was going for. ^_^

      Delete
  5. Fun mani! I have/had not seen the Nabi textures. My guess is if they show up here at all, it will be in one lone Walgreens store that's not on my usual shopping route. Just as well; my brain might melt if faced with all 60 colors at once. I wonder if they ever have meetings there when they decide to not make all the colors possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know, right? They just grab onto a concept and run with it! I hope I can find them, though. Even if it was hard enough to limit myself with the crackles... and magnetics... *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  6. That is soo cool!! What a great idea and you did an excellent job of executing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! *blushes* I'm glad you like it. ^_^

      Delete
    2. I am seriously in awe of your nail painting talents...I am lucky to not get the polish all over everything. lol

      Delete
    3. Oh I have my days... Like right now I spazzed out and managed to polish nearly up to the knuckle on BOTH of my thumbs. -_- I'll get a picture and post it tomorrow. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!