Saturday, September 21, 2013

Models Own: Golden Green (Revisited) +Sally's Clearance "Haul"

Yes! Okay, this isn't what I was going to wear, but then I had a deliciously wicked idea. It came about when I learned that Mutagen should be in my mailbox this afternoon! That's all I'm going to say about that for now. The other reason is that I felt Golden Green deserved a better swatch.



Much better. I didn't have any of the bubbling problems that I did the first time around. Overall this is three thinnish coats, no topcoat.



Still love this as much as I did the first time around. More now since it's soooo smoooooooth. lol



No video this time, but I believe the pictures are better quality. I think I will find a way to link both swatches on my collection page.



Facebook strikes again! Once more trolling through Polish-Aholics Anonymous I came across a particularly exciting post. This weekend Sally's Beauty Supply is making room with 50% off already marked down merchandise! I made the mistake of getting myself overly excited by what is available on the website, but... I'm not disappointed with what I found offline.



I came home with Sketch-y, Art of Theft, Galactic Gray, Sci-Fly By, some argan oil hair treatment and three lip balms for a grand total of $9.95. *swoosh*

Think I finally got the hang of the gravel-vacuum. Found a lovely mass of fish poop hiding behind the sunken ship. >_< Gross, but now I know where they're keeping it all and hopefully I can get the tank cleared up. It's looking far better already. The albinos have calmed down quite a bit as well. Pleco's gotten pretty big. We did lose another neon. :/ No idea what happened. The rest appear to be well so... *shrugs* Just one of those things, I guess.

Looks like it's time to pick up dinner. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Come on back tomorrow for something that should prove to be a spectacular display! Or a disastrous failure. Either way we'll smile and have a good time 'round the old cushion fort! Hope everyone's having a great weekend so far! (^_^)"/"

16 comments:

  1. This one reminds me of the green shift of peridot, very pretty!

    And omg what a good deal! I'm jealousssss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe I lurves it. ^_^ hehehe I was hoping they'd have more, but... I'm definitely happy with these. Got to cross the China Glazes off my wishlist!

      Delete
  2. Erhmagawd soo jealous of your super cheap sally's haul!!!! also the Model's own is so pretty and edgy at the same time. Lovez it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they didn't have any of the textures or orly pixels. I nearly got a few more Finger Paints, but... still trying to be good... lol One of the ladies (I went to two Sally's) commented on my polish. ^_^ Do they have Models Own on nailpolishcanada?

      Delete
    2. They DO! I try to avoid it 'cause it's pretty and expensive. A deadly combo! But NPC has tons of Models Own pretties floating around :)

      Delete
    3. *dies* I know what you mean. Thankfully (after british mail had a hissy fit) ninjapolish sells them, but I've only given in once. If I don't look at them then it's like the brand I keep forgetting how many I want. SO MANY! @_@ It's crazy to think that even $500 would barely cover all the polishes I still want and don't have.

      Delete
  3. I have just spent over an hour in a pharmacy staring at nail enamels. the shiny and the matte, the sparkly.
    I blame you for this Lizzy.
    Totally .

    lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe I accept full responsibility for spreading the madness. ^_^ Did you pick up any?

      Delete
  4. such a great deal on the sally's haul, can't wait to see the holos! we don't have a sally's near me sadly. but maybe that's a good thing afterall? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in luck! Tomorrow I'm swatching Galactic Gray! ^_^ lol I often think that about Sephora being so far away. If it were closer I'd probably be in trouble. ;)

      Delete
  5. Wow! What a great haul from Sally's. I will have to go there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find something good! I think mine got mostly cleared out on Saturday. Nobody can resist a good sale!

      Delete
  6. Nice finds! I went to a couple Sally's this weekend and was underwhelmed by what was left in the clearance sections. One of the stores did have a bin of the Sally Girl matte topcoat left at regular price so I did grab some more of those because they're just so good and a good value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting a bit more as well. It seems like last year they had SO much! Glad you found something you wanted, though. ^_^ Even if just to make it worth the trip. lol

      Delete
  7. I love argan oil! And the other products look great too. I currently use an argan oil by pro naturals and it's really good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried some last night. It definitely made my hair smoother, but it seems a bit oily? Also much curlier than it normally is after I brush it! I'll keep my eyes open for the pro naturals one. I think I'll probably be wanting more after my tiny bottle runs out. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!