Monday, September 9, 2013

Milani: Hi-Tech

Who's the total goober who went and swatched a holo polish while it's cloudy outside? It's me! ^_^ lol It's not so bad, though. Hi-Tech looks good in diffuse sorta-low light as well.



How does that work? Because the sparklies in this one, while they do have some holo effect, aren't the plain silver-in-low-light kind that spray out rainbows. They actually kind of look like pulverized flakies up close.



Or... they would if my camera was a smidge better at focusing in macro. ;) Oh, duh. Two coats of Pure Ice Wild Thing, two coats of Maybelline Black Onyx, one coat of Hi-Tech.

Nearly forgot... got a picture indoors with the flash so you can see how it sparkles with light. lol



*phew* There. We went jungle-mowing today and it was hot out so I'm a little... yeah. I think tomorrow I'm gonna rock my last (for now) untried essence. My Sunny Side. Contemplating a trip to Ulta. See if maybe they have the new PixieDusts. Man oh man do I need some more PixieDusts... lol Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!! (^_^)"/"

20 comments:

  1. pretty! still can't believe you got it for a dollar, love it over the bright green especially.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either! :D Over the green was my favorite, too. ^_^

      Delete
  2. LOL @ jungle mowing!

    OOh this one looks so cute and sparkly! Bet it's amazing in the sun. LOVE dollar stores!!
    Funny you say that about pixie dusts, I was thinking the same a few days ago - I don't *need* any more now, do I? LOL they are taking over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you totally *need* more. hehehe Did you see the fall color ones?! Who doesn't need those?! ....I should throw some pants on and see if Ulta has them yet.... ;)

      Delete
    2. Hehe! *snuggles fellow crazy person...erm...polish addict* OOH yes I saw the fall ones. I got Carter. BEAUTIFUL! Also soooo jealous you can throw some pants on and hit up an Ulta! If we ever go to the states again I'm making another trip my top priority. It was cosmetics heaven!

      Delete
    3. *snuggles* If it makes you feel any better I'm so jealous whenever I read a British blogger talking about Boots. We should go to Boots!

      Delete
    4. *snuggles back* hehe we don't have a Boots either! Dude, podunk Canada SUCKS for polish lol!

      Delete
  3. Omg, I totally gasped when I saw this! The holo looks amazing over both colors, sooo gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D Glad you liked it. It's even prettier in person.

      Delete
  4. I really hope you can find the Pixie dusts.
    They came in the mail for me last week and the green one is to die for... (as are the others, but the green one... *sighs and stares at her fingers*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACK! I was going to preorder them, but money's been tight. I want *at least* the green one and the white one. Yeah... even though I have Solitaire. I know they're going to be different! Isn't Tomoko kind of off-white?

      Delete
    2. I personally think Tomoko is sort of a pale gold... very pale, but I wouldn't call it white or off-white, just gorgeous ;)

      Delete
    3. I can totally see the pale gold. :D Noticed the glitters while I was applying it last night. hehehe So pretty!!

      Delete
  5. The holo looks gorgeous.Actually I don't have too many holo polishes it's quite difficult to find them here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's a shame. They can look really pretty without loads of bright sunshine.

      Delete
  6. Love that lime green so much! Gorgeousssssss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe I had a feeling you would. ;)

      Delete
  7. I love the green. Normally I would shy away from that color, but I really like it! I mowed my jungle yesterday. It was a nightmare. We are no longer 'that' house. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! lol We have to mow ours, too. It's not 'that' bad yet, but we have gotten some rain. Glad you like the green!! ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!