Saturday, September 7, 2013

Essence: Tropical Heat

*falls over* I feel like I should start apologizing now for today's post. My pictures... are so bad... lol But, I suppose, things don't always turn out the way you hope. If my life were a fable, that would be the moral. Anyway... I've got two coats of Tropical Heat over two coats of Over It. "Why pink?" ...why not?



"That's why not..." Hush you. :p It's not as bad as it looks, just that the sun is blasting through all the gold.



Which I guess I should have expected (again, story of my life) and just played it safe and swatched over black...



It really does look a lot softer and more gold indoors without Mr. Sun blasting all over it.



If you can see that at all...

If I can manage to get into the bottom drawer here then there's a high probability of magnetic polish tomorrow. ;) I have kind of an idea for that blue Orly paint. Sort of. It's a.... whatchyacallum.... theory in progress? Something. The fishies are doing alright, albinos even calmed down mostly. Until I say something and now one of them is dancing across the front of the aquarium. *facepalm* Water's all cloudy again, though... Going to pick up some enzyme stuff and see if that helps. Quick maths: once everything clears I'll be about $90 shy for my tablet. Once I reach the next cashout point on swagbucks ($100 for amazon) I think I'm going to go ahead and do that and just cover the rest. All this waiting... is getting to be a bit much.

Welp, hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start. I'll be here. So will Norma. Careful on your way out so you don't step on her. (^_^)"/"

P.S. While you're trying not to step on her, let's see if maybe she'll let me share her victory picture from her very first trip to Ulta. ;) It's really awesome.

12 comments:

  1. we clean the aquarium every too weeks. Just got a few Botia Loach has my albinos for some reason only survive around 5 months. Hope this ones last :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what, the pics aren't bad at all! The gold/pink combo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry the name is yoyo loach I got 4 just £10. But the guy did not tell me they may eat tetras(google search) so now I'm a bit pissed :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noes! He really should have said something. Hopefully everything will be okay. :/

      Delete
  5. i think this would look really pretty over black as well but the pink is unexpected :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Thanks. I think next time I'll definitely wear it over black. Or maybe dark blue. ;)

      Delete
  6. *looks around sleepily from corner she's claimed* Whaa? Oh thanks for giving people warning! Sometimes my sleeping bag blends in with the carpet around here and I get tripped over :D Sure thing! Share my victory pic/American haul (all were polishes I haven't been able to find locally) and you can even share my story about blathering to poor Ulta lady about "ZOMG I CAN"T BELIEVE I'M IN AN ULTAAAA" lol. They thought I was nuts. Anndd...they're right ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL We're all a little nuts. ;) So you fit right in!

      Delete
  7. It's definitely subtle in the sunlight. I think it would be pretty over a dark brown color (kind of like highlights for your nails...haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh brown is a great idea! I bet it would look like highlights! :D

      Delete

I love hearing from you!