Sunday, September 29, 2013

China Glaze Rewind

Hey, everybody! Doing well, I hope? ^_^ Yes, I still have some new polishes to go through, but I wanted to do something with at least a couple of the old ones. lol So I was scrolling down my collection page and remembered how insanely excited I was about Cha Cha Cha. In spite of my efforts to thwart this compulsion to pair green and purple (at least it wasn't green and pink again) I decided I wanted to pair Cha Cha Cha with Senorita Bonita since they're from the same collection. Still too simple so I broke down and did some stenciling.



The stencil design (which I'll get to momentarily) worked really well at first. At first...



But it's only really good for about two and a half nails...



Also, Cha Cha Cha is a lot more sheer than I remembered. That's three coats. *shrugs* The stencil! A couple of the 3-bottle Kiss nail art kits (like these come in) have little packets of sticker-backed stencils. Like this:



See the used up one in the top right corner? lol They do have that handy little tab, but the backs are really sticky. I had to de-stick it a little before starting. By the third nail it was barely sticking at all and by the fourth? Curled up, unsticky, polish in the holes... There are some cute designs, but... I don't see getting a full mani out of one stencil.

Since I've already got pictures of Bat My Eyes I'll go ahead and post that tomorrow. Then! OMG!! It will finally be October and I can do this super disturbing idea I've had raging in my head for months! Start things off with a bang. It'll be great! *fingers crossed* lol Hope everyone had a great weekend. (^_^)"/"

6 comments:

  1. sigh, i totally love the green and purple and the comment above from JONES MILLER is spam- got me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! ^_^ And thanks, I've marked it as spam.

      Delete
  2. Love that green,looks fantastic with the purple. Too bad about those stencils though and very curious about you very disturbing idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^_^ The idea didn't turn out *quite* the way I had hoped, but hopefully it is sufficiently disturbing anyway.

      Delete
  3. I love the green/purple combo. Those stencils are probably something I could use. I wished they stayed sticky longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too... >_> They are fairly easy to use. I think if you don't mind using several different designs it would work out.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!