Monday, September 23, 2013

China Glaze: Galactic Gray (+Toes)

Hiya everybody! So, I've got some good news and some bad news. I'll start with the bad news first and get it out of the way. You're going to think I'm a total space case, but I just had my eyes opened to an animal testing conflict that hadn't occurred to me. Pure Ice and Sinful Colors were both purchased by Revlon, and I didn't realize that Revlon still does animal testing. :( I guess I got sloppy about keeping up since so many of my favorite brands don't. I'm certainly not throwing out the ones I already own (especially since most were purchased/sent before the buy-out), but... I'm definitely going to be much more careful in the future.

*phew* Good news!! I was putzing around Polish-Aholics Anonymous (yes, again) and was approached by a chick "in EU" willing to run out for essence LEs to swap! :D *happy dance* So I ran out this morning and grabbed a few polishes from her wishlist and am waiting for a few things to pop up at Walgreens for her. I can't believe I finally have an inside track for USA-unavailable essences!!! And some of the stuff she wants is on clearance here so it works out great! She also offered to pick up some Catrices for me on the cheap, but I'd be happy with some plain old color & go polishes that we'll never get over here. hehehe

On to Galactic Gray! Can someone please remind me just exactly how these were supposed to be "disappointing" and "barely holo"?



Two coats, fast drying. No topcoat. The sun wasn't even all the way up yet. Took these about 10am.



It's so pretty I even got a video. Just to show you it's not some super special angle making the holo magically appear. ;)



Simply stunning.

I mentioned yesterday that I have some Butter London on my toes. Wanted to be fancy and decided that Wallis would be a perfect way to start the fall.



hehehe Tomorrow I'll have Art of Theft for you. Waiting oh-so-impatiently for Julep, Nail Art Society and bornprettystore packages to arrive. Still working hard towards the tablet. Fish are still thriving. lol One more week in September and then we can start getting in to Halloween! Hope everyone out there is doing great and that your weeks go smoothly! (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. ohhh so envious about the essence polishes! I should try to find somebody to swap with and get those, oktober fest stuff looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you on facebook? She's really friendly and loooves swapping.

      Delete
  2. I love that holo polish. I painted my toes today. I love them. They are pink with the mabelline pink dotty polish stuff (don't ya love my technical terms). I am thinking of doing my nails the same color. I will post a pic if I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I loved your last nail post. ^_^ It's so much fun, right? pretty pretty pretty hehehe

      Delete
  3. Holo is gorgeous!!!
    I love wallis too, it was my first butter polish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! ^_^ Glad you like it. Wallis was one of my first as well. The Black Knight started it, though. lol So sparkly....

      Delete
  4. I can totally hook you up with Essence or Catrice, we've the full range in Ireland and it's not expensive at all. Bit busy at the moment (about to have babies any day now) but definitely let me know if there's anything you're desperate to get a hold of and I'm happy to be a polish mule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome! Thank you! :D I'll definitely let you know next time I see something awesome that they don't (for whatever reason) release over here. Good luck with the babies!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!