Monday, September 30, 2013

China Glaze: Bat My Eyes

Welcome back! Still feeling a bit *meh*, but the show must go on. I did a mock review of this polish while applying to swatch for Polish Yer Hooves and I figure... why not. Already have the pictures. So here we have two coats of Bat My Eyes over two coats of Onyx Rush. I couldn't find it on their site, but sallybeauty.com describes it as "Dark green-black base polish with gold and copper glitter flakes". Which is fairly accurate.



The gold and copper "glitter flakes" are small, smaller and tiny hex/dot shaped glitters, plus a random smattering of small gold/copper bar glitters. The base...



...is definitely dark green-black.

Can't quite say if the base is thick enough for full coverage (I already had the black on for something else I was doing), but the glitter may be with another coat or two.



I think it looks nice like this. No topcoat, super fast dry time, wasn't thick or clumpy and the glitters spread out evenly on their own. I didn't have any clean-up issues either.



Very autumnal/Halloweeny. After two coats there was a little bit of glitter sinking, so those of you who prefer a glass-smooth finish would probably want to add a layer of topcoat. Good new? You only need one!



Not that much difference, just a tad shinier. Or you could go the other way and add a layer of matte topcoat.



That's fun, too! I think it leans more "generally autumnal" when shiny and more "dark Halloweeny" when matte. What do you think? Overall I really like Bat My Eyes, the different shaped glitters add a bit of interest and it wasn't a pain to apply.

Yes! Tomorrow is finally October! My idea (yes, I'm wearing it already) isn't quite as disgusting as I was hoping, but with luck you'll see where I was trying to go with it. Aaron had an idea to make it better, but... I just don't have that color... >_> Yes. Come back tomorrow and see. lol Hope everyone's week is off to a great start! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. I hope you got the position! This polish looks gorgeous, i ordered it and can't wait for it to arrive. It seems to look the same over black as it does on its own, but removal is probably easier your way :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. ^_^ She's sending me a couple to see how things go, so I think that means I'm on probation? lol You will absolutely not be disappointed with Bat My Eyes. Definitely a fun fall glitter.

      Delete
  2. That's quite beautiful! Love it!
    Are you trying to get blog samples now? May I suggest that you expand your social network by using pinterest & facebook etc, they do help get you more reviews, also reddit laquerista will appreciate your pretty nails too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll look into that. I don't know if I want to try and do too much at once, but I'll definitely write that down so I don't forget. ^_^

      Delete
  3. OOOH Pretty @_@ That is all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it a lot. I think matte or glossy looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That polish reminds me of 1980's dramas like Dynasty and Dallas. I think it is because it looks like the furniture from that era. lol It is sparkly and shiny. Two of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Furniture ^_^ I can kinda see that.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!