Friday, September 6, 2013

Cala Color Butterfly Water Decals

You knew I couldn't stay away, didn't you? ;) First, I want to say that the Orly Nail Artist paints didn't require anything special (because water is special?) to remove. It all came off cleanly with regular nail polish remover. ^_^

So last night I decided to give these butterfly decals a whirl.



Over two coats of Secret Peri-Wink-le. This particular package contains 28 individual butterflies in seven different designs. So I cut myself off a strip and went for one of each.



Since I still have my half-full water marble cup sitting here, I just dunked half a cotton ball in there and let the butterflies soak until they came loose from the paper backing.



I used my water marbling stick to coax them off and gently placed them where I wanted them. Finishing off with a fairly thick layer of topcoat.



I did get some slight bubbling around the edges. Unsure if that's from excess water or my topcoat needing thinner. Either way it's not very noticeable in real life from a normal distance.



I've seen a lot of lovely bloggers use these kinds of decals and I'm glad I finally got to try them out. So easy and so pretty!! I can't say butterflies would have been my first choice, but they are colorful. lol I think for tomorrow I'm going to try and find a good (or not, I still kinda suck at that) base color for Tropical Heat. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. Those decals are stunning! I love butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D Glad you like them. *hint* If NAS sends a full replacement kit instead of just the one that exploded I'll be doing a giveaway with these. ^_^

      Delete
  2. I don't like butterflies but I do like how easy these decals are to apply, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I don't think I've ever known someone to not like butterflies. Fortunately the decals come in about a bazillion different designs. ;) They are really easy, too. Definitely going to get more.

      Delete
  3. The butterflies look very nice. I only have nail stickers for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a couple more months and it will make sense to wear them! :D

      Delete
  4. I like the combo, not really a butterfly girl myself either. Who makes the butterflies? I like decals on nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a company called "Cala". You can find them (and other brands) on amazon or bornprettystore. I love how affordable they are. ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!