Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Essence: Deep Sea, Baby & Maybelline: Silver Stunner

Yes! Now we're back on track with the essence I know and love. Today I started out with one coat of Deep Sea, Baby. Smooth formula, fast drying.



I did use a topcoat to smooth out some hair marks, so it's not quite as shiny as it looks here. Also, my camera was not happy taking a close-up of this one (even though I put fresh batteries in it.... stupid camera) so I included the bottle to give you a better idea of the actual vampy green color.



As promised I topped this off with one thin coat of Silver Stunner.



Amy mentioned difficulty getting the Maybelline to crack. I had a China Glaze not want to crack before. If your crackle polish has gotten thick then that can be the culprit. A few drops of polish thinner, just like you use with non-cracking polish, should do the trick. Crackle polishes tend to dry a lot faster than normal polishes, and that counts for in the bottle, too.



I'm glad that Deep Sea, Baby worked out. I was starting to worry and... I think essence is trying to kill me. lol First I found a rogue bottle of Iced Strawberry Cream at the HEB in Harker Heights, then this morning at our HEB....



I'm not 100% sure if the Sun Kissed display was fully stocked, but all three of the US available polishes were there.... I know we're missing one polish because it starts with 02 Hello Summer!, 03 My Sunny Side, 04 Sunset Paradise. After seeing this post on Sparkled Beauty I do wish I had picked up the eyeshadows... if they're still there Friday I just may.

Aaron's not making me to go the funeral tomorrow (he's pretty sure they're having a viewing and I am not comfortable with that particular ritual), but I'm still going to swatch Who Is Mr Brown, then it's looking like Cherry Drop Thursday and Fortune Cookie Friday. :)

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Glad I didn't post already. Aaron had me run him up to Walmart. Said he needed acrylic sealer for his shoes. Sneaky bugger ran in and bought me a fish tank. hehehe It's still in the box at the moment, but you can be sure there will be pics forthcoming. Oh how I've missed having fishies. Y'all take care! I'm going to go set this bad boy up. (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes way! O_O I was very pleasantly surprised after the run of bad luck I've been having with them.

      Delete
  2. I am going to have to try my Shredded polishes again and if they still don't work find me some polish thinner! I'm wondering if maybe I put too thick of a coat on when I was swatching them, I never tried them on my nails since they didn't crack when I swatched them. Thanks for the tip :) Silver Stunner looks great over your Essence base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too thick a coat could be the culprit, but I have had polishes crackle with fairly thick coats. Especially if I think that it's going to end up kind of sheer I'll glob it on pretty thick. ;) If a thinner coat doesn't work then definitely try some thinner and that should fix it right up. :D

      Delete
  3. I picked up the navy sunkissed, though the gold looks pretty nice too. the eyeshadows aren't good I don't think, really lacking in pigment and quite slippery is my impression, but I got the cheek tint (was so excited to find a full display last week) and adore it. this is fantastic in one coat!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thanks for the heads up. I don't wear makeup often so it's probably not good for me to pick up stuff that's hard to work with. :/ I may grab the cheek tint for my mom, though. She fell in love with some stick blusher back in the day and I've been trying to find a good alternative for her. :)

      Delete
  4. Nice when polishes only need one coat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg So nice! Like, for just that moment, everything is right in the world. ^_^

      Delete
  5. I love love love that green. It almost looks black, I am sure that is just the pictures though. I cannot wait to see your post on the Sunset Paradise. Such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is almost black. Not quite, but almost. Love it. ^_^ I'll line up Sunset Paradise for Sunday! :D

      Delete

I love hearing from you!