Thursday, July 11, 2013

Zoya: Solange (with A England: Holy Grail)

As a bit of a mini-accent. OMG I'm so glad I didn't try to do this to all of my fingers because it was kind of a pain. I'm getting ahead of myself. I got a little something on my left index finger (remember what I said about the textures grabbing onto stuff?) so for the full-on swatch here is Ms. Righty!



Oh so pretty. This is three coats. Fabulous quick dry time. Glittery golden goodness. I don't usually lean towards gold (more of a plain silver girl, personally), but this just really wowed me. Now, my idea for seeing how pretty it is against A England's gorgeous gold Holy Grail.



Chevron sorta-half-moon. hehehe I think this would look great as a full mani, but I don't know that I'd have the patience for it. I used the sticker guides to apply Holy Grail since I kept having issue trying to paint texture over normal polish. Then when I tried to 'guide' Solange... everything underneath popped right off. *sigh* So I had to re-do Holy Grail and freehand fill in Solange. I love this smooth/texture combo, though. In fact... I have an idea... hehehe I could do, like, those Russian guards with the giant black fuzzy hats. LOL... omg I hope that's not racist. Do they still have those guards? Somebody tell me it's not racist so I can do it!... but only if it really isn't.

Secret Peri-Wink-le has shipped! I'm so excited. Tomorrow is Agro, an 'oldie' from the Hunger Games collection. Feels like that came out ages ago. lol Okay, I'm probably going to be back later with a huge rant (my cousin is, for real, trying to get himself schooled), but for now Aaron is off with his friends and I am going to go and kill some undead skeletons. ;) Happy Thursday, y'all!

6 comments:

  1. I was thinking of doing a textured and non textured combo... hmm maybe I'll hold off on that because it looks tricky :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may have more luck. I saw some patriotic texture/non-texture combos during the NinjaPolish giveaway thingy. It's probably not *that* difficult, you should remember I have almost no skill in the nail art department. lol

      Delete
  2. Wow. Usually I'm not a fan of yellow but this one looks great;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Usually I'm not either, but sometimes it manages to sparkle just right. ;)

      Delete
  3. I am not a big fan of that color. I am already a pale shade of pale and yellow tends to make me look jaundice. ha! I do love the texture though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I totally feel ya. I'm kind of a weird ultra light tan with yellowish undertones (got my coloring from my dad, otherwise I'd be super pale with pink undertones) so I tend to stay clear of yellows, but this one is just too pretty to resist. ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!