Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Zoya: Cheryl & China Glaze: Oxidized Aqua

"Cheryl, I've got to find Cheryl!" I have a few similar browns, but I had to have Cheryl because I absolutely love the first Silent Hill game. Even with some of the cheesy, repetitive dialogue. ;) So scary!! Especially if you play it in the dark. hehehe

Anyway, Cheryl the polish is a very pretty shimmery brown. Two thin coats (because Zoya's really good with their formula), slightly better than average dry time. (ie: little over an hour before bed and no sleep-marks)



So warm and pretty. It is one of those polishes that's a crap-ton of teensy little shimmer pieces crammed into a (in this case, sheer blackish) base, so cleanup can be a bit of a pain, but totally worth it.



After yesterday's brightness I wasn't quite satisfied with just dark brown. One quick look at my (now completely converted) stash page and Oxidized Aqua jumped out at me, just begging to be worn.



Hehehe! I love the contrast here. Makes me think of Hershey's Kisses busting out of their festive wrappers. (yes, I know they're normally silver, but around Easter sometimes they do pastel colors)



Love it!

Now, it's been a while since I've bombarded you, but Cristy was asking about "the box" and so I did a little bit of digging. If you would like to try the Julep maven subscription box without any kind of commitment feel free to use my referral link, go through the style profiler and use code DAILYCANDY to get your box for free! Not even a penny, absolutely free! I checked it and it worked. I don't know how old it is, so I don't know how long it'll last, so get on that! The great thing about Julep is you can pick which box you want every month or skip a box if money's tight with no penalty. Every month you do purchase (normally $20 after the intro box) gets you... 300 Jules (reward points) that you can use to pay for add-ons or even a free box if you get enough. In the interest of full disclosure, yes you also get Jules when you refer friends! So, ya know, help me out. ;) It's free!

My first smoothie was... passable. Mostly filled up my new cup. I should have added a banana to make it a little creamier, but I'll have another shot tonight. lol This one had half a bunch of kale (I prefer kale for green smoothies because it's got a very mild flavor, practically unnoticeable when blended with the fruit), a plum and about 6 strawberries. May use one of my peaches tonight even though they're still a bit firm... or maybe I'll find something when we go out later. Really feels like there should be more than five fruits in the world. :p Tomorrow I'm starting a rainbow to get through the last of my untrieds! So you'll be seeing Over It (pink), Solange (gold), Agro (green), It Started With A Whisper (blue) and finally Faye (taupe? ish?). Which means I'll be wearing pink when Brak and I go to Old Navy, but whatever. lol If it bothers me I can always crackle over it. ;) Hope everyone's week is off to a great start! :D

10 comments:

  1. Haha hershey's kisses is right, they totally look like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to start using my untrieds instead of just lining them up and looking at them. Cheryl is a gorgeous polish, I hadn't seen that one before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is satisfying working through them. I don't know that I had seen Cheryl anywhere before either until I was meticulously working my way through the Zoya site for some sale they were having. lol

      Delete
  3. What a great combination! I admire your stash page--I'd love to do something similar but I don't see that happening unless I do a really severe purge and I'm no good at that sort of thing. Though that might change, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D It's definitely not the easiest thing. o_O Thankfully I started when I was under 100 polishes so keeping up is a far cry easier than starting up. lol

      Delete
  4. Yay! Thanks for "the box" info. I will definitely click on yours. I love love love the color combo of the crackle and brown. It looks like something I would wear because of the food reference..lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Don't forget, you can skip months, so don't blame me if it makes you broke. ;) LOL

      Delete
  5. This color reminds me of china glaze color from the rodeo fanatic collection but can't remember the name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I was just looking for swatches of those. Looks like Wagon Trail and Side-Saddle are browns, but I don't know if head2toebeauty is missing colors.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!