Friday, July 19, 2013

Zoya: Ali & Essie: Shine Of The Times +Matte

So, here we are once again. Nearing the end of the month and the limit of my bandwidth. Kind of exciting knowing that so many more people are stopping by! ^_^ Even if some of them are comment-spammers. Last night Aaron's friend (Rob) invited us over to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show on Blu-Ray! We don't have an HDtv (yet) or a BluRay player and it was quite a treat! So many little details we had never seen before! :D Now we have to get our own copy. So, anyway, we stayed out a bit late for that and I slept in, then between Skyrim and SwagBucks I thought I'd only end up doing Ali, but I've managed to squeeze everything in before I have to go pick up my dad for the weekend! So much excitement I can't stand it. hehehehe

So, the first time I swatched Ali I had her going commando. This time she's got some white undies so no VNL, but the pictures look about the same anyway. lol First in the sun:



Then in the shade:



Two coats Ali over two coats French White Creme worked much better for opacity and, apparently, dry time. If the polish looks more pink in the bottle than on my nails, that's totally accurate. She's still a weird one. lol



While digging through my Zoya drawer (where I also keep my one essie) I decided, just out of curiosity, to see how Shine Of The Times looks over hot pink. Let me tell ya, much prettier in person.



Got a little washed out in the sun... let's see how it looks in the shade...



There we go. lol The shiny topcoat I added to smooth everything out kind of overpowers the flakies so I finished it off with some matte topcoat to give the flakies a chance to stand on their own.





Yeah, as far as my camera was concerned Ali was red and overpowered the flakies, but that's really not the case. It does have kind of a weird neon fire effect, though. One last shot in the shade:



Pretty. A bit of an odd combo, but still pretty.

So I had an idea for tie-die (sans water marble) nail art, but I'm not sure if I'm quite feeling up to the challenge just yet. Not with my big layering project coming up. I think I'm going to try something with holo tomorrow since it's been sunny again. (watch it rain... lol) *fingers crossed* TGIF! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Oooh so pretty! You know how I love my shine of the times!
    Tell me more about this bandwidth shenanigan, how do I check mine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photobucket has limited free bandwidth to 10GB/month. To check where you're at click on your username and then User Settings. On that page you click on Account and that will tell you how much storage and bandwidth you've used. Just above that is a part that say "Member Since" and the date (like mine is the 28th) is when the bandwidth resets monthly for you.

      Delete
    2. Ok I am going to sound like a complete noob but is blogger automatically using photobucket or are YOU using photobuckets? Do you upload your pics onto photobucket first and edit it there?

      Delete
    3. No worries. I edit my pics on the pc, then upload them to photobucket, then use html to embed them into my blog. Apparently blogger gives you 15GB of storage (image and text), but I couldn't find anything about bandwidth restrictions. To find how much you've used go to blogger.com and click on you name, then account settings. Storage is the 3rd thing down. Hope that helps. :)

      Delete
    4. Oh wow thanks Lizzy, I had no knowledge of these limit stuff! But I think I am good for now, I have used up 0.4% so far :)

      Delete
    5. No problem. :) Looks like you should be good to go for a while. lol

      Delete
  2. lovely, reminds me of watermelon in Summer x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty. I like the matte finish sometimes. I like the flaky stuff. It's a good subtle bling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man when I first discovered matte topcoat I was putting it on everything. LOL Flakies are just amazing. I wish I hadn't missed the Finger Paints ones. Now they're all expensive if you can even find them. :(

      Delete

I love hearing from you!