Monday, July 8, 2013

Sinful Colors: High Strung +Innocent Comparison

What a busy day! Last night after posting I went back to re-labeling and uploading my stash pics and Aaron was all "you can play Skyrim, I'll get on Sims" so I said "Okay!" and didn't end up doing my nails last night. Then this morning I had to run to the bank and swung by Ulta, then I decided to hit up Walmart for some weed-eater oil and the whole time I was trying to come up with my list of excuses for not having this post done until tomorrow. Then, fortune! I got home relatively early and with plenty of time to paint and photograph. Sort of. Clouds rolled in and dropped some rain, but this color is bright enough to fight it! I do apologize for the messiness of my pictures, but I just had to get these done! For you. ;)



Two coats of High Strung over one coat of white. A fabulous neon yellow-green. Imagine! A neon version of my favorite polish color. ^_^ Applied beautifully. How does it fare against Innocent? First, bottle comparison.



High Strung does look a little brighter outside. Here's a peek compared on the nail against two coats of Innocent without the white base.



They do look very similar in the pictures, but in real life High Strung was noticeably brighter. If you don't have the time or patience for the white base, however, Innocent is the clear winner. This is two coats of each, no base, alternating fingers.



Innocent on the pinky and middle, High Strung on the middle and index. On it's own, High Strung is sheer and a bit streaky after two coats. It did build up quicker than I expected, but you may as well go with the white base to bring out the best. That Wet n Wild French White Cream is a bit patchy after one coat so I usually use two, but High Strung is buildable enough that only one of the white was needed and it looks amazing. Did ya get all that? lol Sorry it's a bit rambly.

So, as I said, while I was out I decided to swing by Ulta. They had a coupon and the flier I received mentioned a big clearance event. Which, apparently, I missed. They had a couple of racks, but mostly the same old stuff at the same old prices. *boo* Not only that, most of the specialty/seasonal polish displays were MIA. So when I saw Solange sitting on it's own in the midst of some rogue OPIs I had to grab it!



I wandered the polish aisles for quite a while. Nearly choosing several polishes, but ultimately put them back. One last time I 'rounded the corner and something about this light blue Piggy Polish grabbed me. The name It Started With A Whisper grabbed me yet again and the choice was made. Barely winning out over China Glaze's Secret Peri-wink-le which I am now putting on my amazon wishlist because I really wanted that one, too. lol I know, I'm awful. Even more so that ISWAW does favor Blue-ming Romance... another light blue Piggy Polish. :p What can I say? I'm such a sucker. I'll be sure to compare them when the time comes. As much for my own peace of mind as your curiosity. lol

Lastly, today I have declared my own personal "Fat Tuesday". Even though it's Monday. Things have gone downhill since trying for a healthy July (my blog is determined to make a liar out of me lol) so I'm falling back on Brak and the help she gave me last time I had weight to lose. I must be in the mindset. I've picked up a fridge full of greens and fruits for two days of green smoothie fasting to get the junk out of my system. Aaron doesn't like it, but sometimes he just has to suck it up. lol Today I had nachos for lunch and I have cake for dessert. I will enjoy them. Then tomorrow I will enjoy drinking my meals, and the day after. They really are quite good. I had to pick up a new cup because I lost my last one. Shame, I used to be so good at blending enough to fill it. No more, no less. Tomorrow I'll see if I still have the touch. LOL Hope everyone's week is off to a great start! And wish me luck. I may need it. ;)

11 comments:

  1. I like Innocent better because it has a bit more green
    And omg, I just bought Solange two days ago hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! hehehe Great minds. ;) I can't wait to see it in person. The swatches I've seen so far look SO PRETTY!!!

      Delete
  2. High Strung looks amazing but I love Innocent too! And good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to pick. hehehehe I loves 'em all. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. OOH you're gonna love Solage! Also - *gasp* you DON'T have CG Secret Periwinkle?! Oh Lizzy you MUST bump her to the top of your wish list. Hands down my fav cream polish *swoons at the memories*

    Good luck with your smoothie/cleanse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I know!!! *cries* I was looking at it and thought "I really don't have anything like this" and got distracted anyways. That's it, you've convinced me. Of to amazon I go! Looks like another month without Nail Art Society so I may as well spend the money on polish. hehehehe

      Delete
    2. Heheh Lizzy we shamelessly enable each other ^u^

      Delete
    3. We sure do! ^_^ At least it's not one-sided enabling. lol

      Delete
  4. OK! After ^^ her comment, I really want to see the Periwinkle. Googling now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe you won't be sorry! I must say though it is far prettier IRL. Full disclosure blue or blurple or purple but ESPECIALLY periwinkle blues are my weakness :D

      Delete
    2. EEEEEEE! hehehe I'm so excited. Can't wait to see it in person! *dies*

      Delete

I love hearing from you!