Saturday, July 13, 2013

Piggy Polish: It Started With A Whisper +Comparison

Hello, darlings! I'm not exceptionally late posting today! ^_^ lol Could have been earlier, but... Skyrim. It calls to me. ;)

Today's offering is a gorgeous periwinkle (which I will be comparing to Secret Peri-Wink-le once that arrives) from Piggy Polish, with the tantalizing name It Started With A Whisper.



Gorgeous cream. Sadly the formula was just rubbish. So thin and watery it didn't want to stay on the brush in the short span from the bottle to my nails! Fortunately it only required two coats, but the dry time was also misleading. It was 'clacky' dry by the time I went to bed and I still woke up with sheetmarks galore, and some bubbling! I don't think they're overly evident in the pics until the last one...



Close-up in the shade. Such a lovely color! I feel like I should just leave the bottle open for a few hours and see if that helps. On the bright side, it's nowhere near the same color as Blue-ming Romance. Nearly forgot the comparison shot so this one is indoors with the flash.



So Yay! for that. :D I've got some colors picked out to attempt another 'muted' nail art over this for tomorrow. Then I'll swatch Faye for you. Nail Art Society is hoping to be back up and running in the next couple of weeks. Once that happens I should have a referral link for you guys. Also, have any of you heard of this Cult Nails Blackbox? I was on the NAS facebook page yesterday and someone posted a link to an article about different subscription services and this one looked interesting. Pretty sure it's $20/month (also available to ship to Canada), first month half off, but it doesn't say much about what sorts of polishes they send... I did just find this... apparently shipping is $5. :/ Looks like she got quite a bit of stuff, though. If anybody has this subscription, I'm eager to hear more. I also saw one where you can 'rent' high end polishes (Dior, Chanel, Deborah Lippman, etc) and send them back in postage paid boxes to get more, but.... No freakin' way! LMAO!! I'd be out buying up empty bottles to dump them into. Oooohhhh..... no. No, that's dishonest. Tempting, but dishonest. lol

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. ^_^

8 comments:

  1. I have heard about the cultnails one, it looks good! but personally I am picky with colors, I rather spend full price on a color I know I will like than get a bunch of colors i feel eh about at a discount :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of what I was thinking. The site and the blog post both feature essie and I'm kinda meh about essie. Would be nice to get more at a discount, but I'm not sure. I'll have to see how the money works out once NAS starts back up anyway.

      Delete
  2. Awww love your 'ships to Canada' inclusion <3 You're always thinking about your Canadian readers ^u^
    Cute colour! I wish it didn't bubble/not dry for you though >_<

    Agree with you guys on the box. Essie isn't my thing, they typically don't impress me and I'd far rather buy individual polishes that I know I like then get saddled with polishes I feel 'eh' about. This may be good for someone starting their collection though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! ^_^ Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up for another subscription. Going to see how our finances sit.

      Delete
  3. I don't have a lot of essie polishes but they do last longer than china glaze and opi on my nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you had any problems with the formula? Seems everything I read about them is not exactly positive. The colors are nice, but the formula (from what I've heard) requires a bit of work.

      Delete
  4. What a pretty color. I would love to rent polishes!! What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is intriguing since I've only been wearing my polishes for a day to get the pictures... I know I would really want to keep them, though. Quite a conundrum. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!