Saturday, July 20, 2013

Off-Set Holo Tips & Essence Haul!!

OMG! OMG! OMG! First let's get the polish out of the way and then on to the real excitement. I started with two coats of essence Exits On Your Right. I used the regular french tip guides and applied them at an angle, painting the tips with Color Club Kismet.



Not quite as "WOW" as I expected, but at least I got my sunshine. ;)



Had a teensy problem with the guides sticking so not all of the lines are perfect. Oh, and I finished with topcoat to keep everything smooth.



Okay, so we went to HEB to pick up dinner and I wandered off to the polish aisle while Aaron grabbed razors and stuff. I wandered down the center only to find it blocked at the other end by a gaggle of people. *sigh* So I pretended to look at some Sally Hansen's for a second before returning the way I came. Offset from the normal aisles is a kind of rack with some baskets containing deals and discounts. On the bottom shelf, right in front of me, I saw it. The brand new, just released Floral Grunge collection!! Untouched and gorgeous. I immediately squatted down and surveyed and grabbed and decided and grabbed some more and checked the price list and grabbed some more. HEB had another "Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off" coupon stack for essence so I grabbed:



All of this! Starting with the polishes, left to right: Be Flowerful (The Shine), Lily Bloom (The Pearl), Grunge Me Tender (The Suede), Madly Purpled (The Matt), and Black To The Roots (The Rough). o_O Could that last one be a texture? I don't know! But I am officially holding off on my layering experiment until I find out!! There were two eyeshadow quatros, I got the lighter one.



It's called Eyes Like Flowers and here's how they look:



I was also greatly intrigued by this Hair Dye Powder.







If you've ever seen "hair chalk" it's kind of like that. The color looks really bright in the thingy, but doesn't seem that opaque on the skin...



I know it's not supposed to go on skin, and I'm at a disadvantage by not being blonde, but... I had to grab it. I may also grab the blush (it's a lighter pink than the aviator one I got before) and possibly the temporary tattoos. I saw a girl on the essence facebook page use them on her nails and it was so pretty!

Jasmine tweeted me this awesome monster art using the Sally Hansen fuzzy polishes. Totally going to do that. ^_^ Too cute. Aaron and I are working towards doing more pics so I'm going to be using the eyeshadow soon, too, so you can see how it looks properly. I also picked up some glue to try Norma's idea of using it as a basecoat for when I do glitters and stuff. Best part about Back-to-School sales. Now I'm so excited sitting here looking around at my goodies and no idea what to do with myself. LOL Oh, I'm skipping the August Julep box. Was a little interested in the foot stick, but... not that interested. I'm liking the oil spray, though. It smells so pretty. So I'm glad I got that one, but I would rather have their Best Pedi Cream Ever.

Okay, time for dinner then I have to get to Swaggin' and reach the day's goal. That tablet is so close, can't slack off now! ^_^ Hope everyone's having a terrific weekend!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh I like the look of half cream half holographic! I will have to try that :) Great haul too, I don't have a HEB store around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D If you check the essence website they have a store locator so you can see if anybody nearby carries essence. I've also seen collections pop up at Ulta.

      Delete
  2. Heheh glad to see you got the tweet :) I actually saw the fuzzy coat in stores today and was so tempted, but it wasn't on sale at all which makes it 9.99 canadian -_-
    I also heard about putting glue around the cuticles when doing gradient manicures, I am gonna try that one! I made a huge mess a couple days ago with a purple gradient
    I love how you immediately squatted down to inspect the display lmao, I can totally picture it, getting down to some serious makeup business lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's so expensive normally. OH! That would be a good idea for a cleaner looking ruffian, too! :D hehehe Yep, had to squat down and investigate before anybody else noticed it. ;)

      Delete
  3. OOH you're going to try a glue mani! My main suggestion is to put a coat of clear polish over the glue after it's dry and be sure to wrap your tips. Also make sure the glue doesn't touch your cuticles. Glue manis are great but hard to keep on! The glue is water soluble too (hence the reason I cover every bit of my nail with clear polish)so if you miss any edges that nail will come off in no time for sure. Good luck! I love a good glue mani :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Should be absolutely perfect for glitter swatching. ^_^ I didn't use it for the layering experiment since it has to last at least seven days, but I'm totally gonna.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty mani! That is one intense holo, love it. Nice little haul there, would be fun to see pics with the hair powder stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. ^_^ I just washed my hair so I'll straighten it tonight or tomorrow to see what it does. If it doesn't show up then I guess my mom gets to be a guinea pig! Her hair is almost white blonde. hehehehe

      Delete
  5. I love the mani!! I like the offset French. I will have to try that. I LOVE finding scores at the store! It looks like you got a good haul. I also love back to school sales. I like getting good deals!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it. I think it was easier getting the sticker-guides all at the same "off" angle than it is to get them straight. :p

      Delete

I love hearing from you!