Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Muted Stripes

Yep, a little obsessed. lol I think I'm starting to get a handle on it, though, as far as which colors do what to other colors. Also, the illusion of underlying texture. OOooooooohhhhh.... Yeah. I remembered last year when I swatched Revlon Whimsical I used Color Club Lumin-Icecent as a base and you could vaguely make out the metallicness underneath. I really should re-do that now that I have a better camera.... Anyway, I decided to try the same thing with some "art" between layers. Quick word: I altered the saturation and balance on this because I could not see the lines on my monitor.



This looks way better in real life. lol Actually, it looks about 3/4 of the way towards a reciprocal gradient. Which I may do at some point since I have the striping tape. ^_^ Anyway, to get to this point I started with two coats of Zoya Meg and added pre-fading stripes with Zoya Rory using this double-ended tool from NAS:



I wanted the shorter bristles to give me that fading line, instead of having straight-up stripes. Here's what it looked like before "muting":



Sort of. These Beach & Surf colors really glare something awful. I was initially going to cover this with Hello Kitty Green Means Go!, but... I had Wet n Wild FuchsiaRama and LA Colors Lightning set out for something else and figured I'd give them a try as well.



That graininess is not a problem with my camera. LOL That's what I meant about the "illusion of texture". FuchsiaRama looks pretty cool, but in real life Lightning really did it for me. Muting Meg and making Rory super bright. Monitor settings are different, so you may be able to see it. This final image is unedited.



Can you see it? lol Tomorrow I'm going to swatch Zapped over both Lightning and white. Then.... Who knows? I still have the list of ideas from my giveaway written down somewhere. Plus some NAS supplies. I'll cobble something together. ;)

In the meantime ("During the meanwhile" "no, that's not right") I... think I'm going to have to see if there's anything I can do to get my tablet quicker. My poor laptop (itself cobbled from bits of broken laptops) appears to finally be on it's last legs. :( The cord has become very touchy and any slight movement can cause it to shut off. *sigh* I guess I shouldn't be too upset. Dave, the guy who built it, is surprised it's lasted this long. Unfortunately I've become accustomed to double-tasking online and I'm not sure I'll survive if it does crap out before I have a back-up. I'm so spoiled. hehehe

Looks like it's time to head out for treats and eats. Y'all take care and if there's anything you want to see (designs or updated swatches) let me know! Not like I have anything else better to do. "During the meanwhile". LOL Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Hehe, so glad that you are so into doing nail art these few days.
    Btw, how is the sock coming along lol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhm.... not good. I have done two more rows since you brought it up, but it's SO boring. LOL Going to try and work on it more, though. Would be nice to finish at least one sock. :p

      Delete
  2. Aw man! Your computer is on the fritz? Shoot it's like the world is conspiring to keep you from buying more polish :/

    LOVE the nails! Such a cool idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally conspired against! It sucks. At least I have the desktop, but being able to work two at once makes everything so much easier. lol Aaron was all "Guess you'll have to just use one computer at a time like everybody else." Meanie. It's been doing better today. Hopefully if I'm really careful and don't try to move it I can get some more time out of it. Stupid laptop. :p

      Delete
  3. I like LIghtning best!! I also liked it before you put the muting color on! lol. I'm sorry about your poor laptop. My husband is an IT guy so we have a desktop graveyard....where parts go when they die. He needs to just get rid of them, but he has an attachment to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lightning, too! Neon has to be my favorite kind of pink. lol I'm the same way. I think I've got three outdated and/or dead computers sitting in the shed just waiting for me to do something with them. I can't imagine how bad that would be if I worked in IT. It just seems wrong to throw them out.... ;)

      Delete
    2. That is his thinking too. He is like "what if I need it though." I guess I need to just start slowly getting rid of them...haha.

      Delete
    3. Yeah. lol Absolutely. Just do it slow and start at the back/bottom and you could totally pull it off. ;) I've had to do that with some of my mom's stuff. Total hoarder. Which is probably where I get it from.... :p

      Delete

I love hearing from you!