Sunday, July 14, 2013

Muted Art Attempt #2

*stretches* Hello, loves. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday. It's downright pleasant in Texas today. Overcast, slightly rainy, nice breeze. Not sure that my second attempt matches the atmosphere, but perhaps it does...



Not quite as exciting as my original attempt... Still, if you're curious, here's what's underneath:



Starting with my two coats of Piggy Polish It Started With A Whisper. Dots and flowers added with a dotting tool in Sinful Colors Thimbleberry, Misa Sorry, Just Can't Help It and China Glaze Solar Power. *phew*



My sheer cream for this one was the still minty smelling Revlon Mint Gelato. I don't think it was quite sheer enough (surprising since my original swatch took four coats), and a bit streaky... :/ *shrugs* A little matte topcoat helps bring out the images, but I think overall I preferred it shiny.



MMMmmm.... Perhaps not a total fail, but still not quite the same rush as the original. Fortunately, while on an unexpected trip to Walmart, I succumbed to temptation and picked up these lovelies!



Exploded and Zapped. There are two more, a blue/green and purple/blue, that I may also get. I can't say for sure (since I don't have any), but I think these are intended to be Floam knock offs dupes. ;) I'm super excited about them. So bright and pretty and perfect for summer. First, however, Faye! I haven't forgotten. lol Secret Peri-Wink-le has left San Antonio! Should be here in another day or so. Uhm.... I guess that's it. I don't know how things are going to work out around the cat neutering tomorrow so I'll be here when I get here. lol *HUGS* Hope everyone had a terrific weekend. :D

16 comments:

  1. Hope the neutering goes well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the muted nail art!! The weather is fabulous here in OK today too. I can't believe it was only a high of 77 today. I will gladly take the rain and colder temps. I like that orange. Can't wait to see how those turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I think we got up to the mid-90s yesterday, but today is much more rainy and COLD! I don't know how cold, but I'm shivering. lol

      Delete
    2. We have another rainy cool day here again today. I have been cold all day. I am so enjoying it though. 70's in July...yes please.

      Delete
    3. Looks like you might get more. I thought our rain was coming from y'all, but if it did it's moving back north again!

      Delete
    4. I think we are supposed to get another inch to inch and a half. After our drought for the past 5 years, we have soo needed all this. I do have to turn on the air conditioner because of the humidity. It is so stuffy in the house.

      Delete
    5. Ew yeah We got in the car this morning and it was like a sauna. >_<

      Delete
  3. ohhhhh... I love muted colours and that ORANGE is devine !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :D I guess orange will be the next one after Faye! lol

      Delete
  4. The muted nail art is such a good idea, I've never seen that before! The floam "inspired" polishes are great ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Inspired is a good word. ^_^ I'm glad you like the muted arts. Hopefully I can come up with more!

      Delete
  5. I think your muted design might go viral hehe, it's like a different spin on jelly sandwiches, if you know what I mean
    Also, I got my eyes peeled for swatches of those two polishes. I love the look of floam polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG That would be so exciting! :) I guess it's kind of like a non-jelly sandwich, since I avoid jellies like the plague. LOL

      Delete
  6. Wow, matte topcoat does make quite a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! One of the best inventions ever. hehehe

      Delete

I love hearing from you!