Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Kohl's Trip +Plus

Last week I promised Brak (my bestie) that I would go with her to Kohl's today. She wanted to find some tank tops, flowing skirts and generally some light summer clothes. I need light summer clothes, too. I just forgot how exhausting shopping is when the only things that look right are way overpriced. We did have fun, though. Trying on multiples of things we intended to buy and, just for fun, trying on some things we couldn't actually afford. I'm super pissed at myself because I didn't get a picture of the $60 dress that looked really cute on me. It had a grey bust and long black skirt, and the bust part actually came below my bust! *dies* So it didn't look awkward at all and looked better on me than the mannequin. :( Shoulda got a picture. As it is I got a picture of this dress that looked cute on the mannequin, but ultimately shapeless and unflattering on me:



And myself in an ill-fitting Vera Wang top that I really wanted (until I saw how badly it fit) and these hooker shorts that we had to try on. They were in the junior's section, but they're super short, have stars all along the crotch and are pre-indented with a zippo outline in the back pocket. WHAT?! If I had a teenage daughter she would never wear these. I would never wear these, but we had to try them on.



Uhm... no. They were more comfortable than I expected, but if I'm going to be walking in shorts, they absolutely must come below my thigh-bulge. >_< Otherwise they ride up.... sweating... *ugh* Just no. I did pick up a nice Daisy Fuentes dress that was on sale 50% off which I will be wearing Friday so I'll get a pic then. Hopefully my hair will be ultra-red if I can convince Aaron to help me with this:



I wasn't terribly impressed with their dark blue, but the aqua and pink ones worked really well. This was also on sale at HEB with a $2 coupon, so I couldn't pass it up. I want crazy red damnit! Work with me... dang... LOL

She didn't find any tank tops she liked, and we couldn't find the long, flowy, hippie-skirts even though the internet said "available in store!", but she did get this super cute, green, "cupcake" dress:



She said she looks like a cupcake in it. I'll grant she does look mighty tasty; I think it's adorable. :D Green is definitely her color.

I did do something nice for myself. Well, nice if I can keep myself in check. Still no soda, but my sweet tooth revolted so I picked up some Twizzler bites since they were on sale at Walgreens. 17 pieces = 140 calories, no fat. Empty calories, sure, but still a far cry better than soda. Cutting down on my salt and doing random exercises through the day. I know, I know, would be better to do them all at once with some kind of structure, but... I'm just not that kind of gal. lol And anything is better than nothing at all. Need to start putting my sister's weight bench to work while I'm outside doing nail pics... Yes, I have pics, but I'm also exhausted and don't feel like doing anything different for tomorrow. So dots are tomorrow! Then I can do a normal fun, summer swatch for bbq on Friday. I'm thinking orange. Hope everyone is having a great week so far! I can't believe it's almost over... lol

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They're like Twizzlers, except bite sized chunks. Here's a pic:

      http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa475/scorpioblogpics/2013/July/070413/Dots4_zps45c78060.jpg

      They're usually cherry flavored instead of strawberry.

      Delete
  2. Haha, hooker shorts is right, there is no better name for those haha, I hate shorts that are so short that the pocket lining are sticking out!
    Also Brak's dress is very cute hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, we joked about getting the shorts so we could make enough money to go to H&M instead. ;) I totally don't understand the point in wearing shorts that short. Unless you're advertising, I suppose.... lol

      Delete
  3. Something is better than nothing, for sure--unless the something is eating a whole pack of Biscoff cookies in two days. Not that I would know anything about that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know what you mean. We can't keep cookies in the house because they just disappear. I certainly have no idea what happens to them.... ;)

      Delete
  4. I hate short shorts. So does my daughter. Any time I see someone wearing them, they are constantly picking at their butt because of the ride up. I love that cupcake dress. It's really cute. I hate it when something looks really cute on the hanger, but not on my body. Ugh, clothes shopping in general pisses me off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Me too... at least at Kohl's the dressing rooms aren't monitored so we can come and go as many times as we want to. I much prefer that. I hate having someone count my items or, even worse, having to ask to be let in because they're locked. >.< So demeaning.

      Delete
    2. I hate that too!! I like trying on clothes that are way too expensive and I would never buy. I did that at Saks while in NYC a few years ago. The feeling of a $1500 dress against my body was pretty much the same as the feeling of a $40 dress. I am too cheap to spend a lot on clothes that are going to go out of style. I don't give a crap what anyone says about high heels...those are the death traps of feet. I can barely avoid falling with regular shoes on let alone spiky pointing things on my heels.

      Delete
    3. HOLY CRAP! $1500!?! *dies* You got me beat. I think the most expensive dress I tried on was at Macy's and it was maybe $500? It's insane. Also, it looked like crap on me so at least I wasn't tempted. lol Never could spend that much on a dress. I like heels in theory, and can walk in shorter heels, but since our floor is so crummy I don't really get to practice. :(

      Delete
    4. The $1500 dress was ugly to begin with, but I tried it on just because it was $1500. I have 3 pairs of heels that I have had forever! I only wear them each like once or twice a year.

      Delete
    5. I don't know why I keep being surprised by how ugly expensive clothes are. LOL That's why I do most of my clothes shopping at Goodwill. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!