Sunday, July 7, 2013

Julep: Karen

Hello, loves! *group hug* I did get on the bike this morning, then my dad needed to be picked up during naptime and we just ate so I'm a little... off... feeling. hehehe *ahem* So. Julep. Karen. *sigh* This looked like such a pretty shimmery neutral during my opacity test and I really wanted to like it, but... hrm. I don't. Let me tell you why.



Seems pretty enough, right? This is three coats. Three thick coats because the formula was kind of thick. (I suspect they added some kind of scent because it smelled really sweet) So, yeah, hair and sheet marks in the morning. Even so, it is a pretty color. Peachy with gold shimmer. It's just....



The second I put this on I had an image in my head. Like I should be all spray-tanned, "enjoying" my fifth glass of white wine and yelling at my kids to not get their new bathing suits dirty. -_- Something about this one just rubbed me the wrong way and that feeling is still there. I'm typing as fast as I can so I can get it the hell off of my fingers and slip into something bright green. Yep, big hint, High Strung is next! Which I will be comparing with Innocent. Both Sinful Colors, they look the same in the bottle, but I do know that High Strung is more sheer and will be layered over white. Beyond that we'll have to wait and see tomorrow. ^_^

Almost done transferring my collection page pics to the other photobucket. Almost done! I know it will at least help for all of the times I load that page up to see what I have or grab links. Which, as it turns out, is quite frequently. lol I can't help it, they're so pretty! Going through the pics and re-numbering them just keeps reinforcing that. I think "Oh, that's pretty, I should wear that again. Oooh, and that one! And that one!!" All in good time, my pretties. All in good time. hehehe

I guess I should go ahead and get Karen off. Something is giving me a headache and I still have a couple of emails to respond to. Hope everyone had a magnificent weekend! See you Monday! :D

8 comments:

  1. I am not fond of peach colored nails. I am glad to hear about the review. I also don't like having to put 3 coats on just to get some color. I don't have enough patience or time. Green sounds awesome though. I totally didn't do any exercise except doing laundry today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laundry is totally exercise! With the walking back and forth and bending and lifting. That counts. ;) It's not a marathon or anything, but it's something. I really hate having to do more than two coats, unless it's a totally awesome color that's really worth it. This one was not. :/

      Delete
  2. It looks alright I think, which month was this from? It feels recent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is from this month's box. July. Came with the oil body spray. I'm liking that stuff. Hopefully I take to Faye a little better.

      Delete
  3. I think the color is beautiful, but it's a shame that the formula is so thick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol To each her own. ;) I'm sure lots of people like it, it's just not doing it for me.

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried any Julep polishes but they have great colors like this one. Should have taken a while to dry if the formula is thick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I had it on for two hours before laying down. If I ever wear it again I'll try to thin it first.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!